Sticky button

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SteveJobs2.0, Oct 3, 2016.

1. SteveJobs2.0, Oct 3, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2016

SteveJobs2.0 macrumors 6502a

Finally got my iPhone 7 Plus. I was happy to see that the screen is brighter than my 6 Plus. Camera is also great and speakers sound better. The phone also feels a lot faster.

However, the volume up feels horrible. Has anyone else run into this issue? It feels very sticky and sometimes even gets stuck temporarily. Other buttons work fine.

I also hear a buzz when I put the back of the phone next to my ear, but it is a minute issue if you don't look for it. (Still, whoever is in charge of QA would get a kick in the ass from me)

2. SteveJobs2.0 thread starter macrumors 6502a

So I called the store next to me to ask if they have any replacement units in store and was told that they can't reveal that.

3. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

If it's a genius Bar replacement, most likely they won't reveal that unless you made an appointment and if they are going to replace it. But if you are within 14 days, you can always check istocknow.com and check their inventory and if they have the one you have, you can certainly walk in and ask for an exchange.

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

You have to put it up to your ear to hear it, and you mention that it's a small issue if you don't look for it...but you think that it has something to do with bad QA? How about this: buzzing iPhones might actually be within the specifications that Apple provides.

Anyway, the volume button issue would drive me nuts.

5. SteveJobs2.0 thread starter macrumors 6502a

You are right, but he buzzing issue should not have occurred if detailed testing of prototypes took place. This is a similar issue to what I had in my 2010 iMac where different hd were louder than others depending on which manufacturer you got.

6. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I'm sure detailed testing of prototypes DID occur. The issue either didn't come up in that testing or it was deemed acceptable. I will admit that I've never heard this "coil whine" on an iPhone 7 or even on any of the SSDs in any of my Macs or PCs.

7. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Just tell them your intention to swap and they should call you when one becomes available.

8. SteveJobs2.0 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I tried, but let's just say that the customer service representative that I spoke to was not the most competent of individuals.