Sticky for apps on Lion request

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by chrono1081, Jun 5, 2011.

1. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I was wondering if we could make a sticky in the applications forum for when Lion gets released to let users know generally what apps work and what apps do not.

What I mean by this is say I need to upgrade to Lion to use OpenGL 3.2, but my workflow depends on these apps:

Maya 2011
    Unity 3D
    ZBrush 4
    Photoshop CS5
    XCode 4

I can go to this sticky and see if anyone else has tried these apps on Lion and if they noticed any problems. Once I upgrade to Lion then I can test apps too and note them as working, non-working, or partially working in the thread as well.

I seem to remember there being a similar sticky for snow leopard and one for Lion would be very useful.

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Perhaps create one and then ask for it to be sticked.

3. chrono1081 thread starter macrumors 604

chrono1081

Thank you guys for the info.

User Maxcor has made a site with apps that work and do not work. I found it in the link GJJ Studios posted:

http://roaringapps.com/apps:table

Darn, only two of the apps I use are on there showing as working (Unity and Corel Painter), Photoshop CS5 says not working, and Maya 2011 and ZBrush 4 are not on there but a user on the threads said Maya 2011 was working.

I really want to upgrade so I can start learning OpenGL 3.2 but I can't hose my entire workflow in the process : /