"Sticky" Home Button iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KUguardgrl13, Nov 8, 2013.

1. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

I've had my iPhone 5 since January 2013. Lately my home button has started to feel weird when I click it like something is stuck underneath or around the edge. If I touch it without pressing it it actually makes a sound almost like the click sound.

I don't have a screen protector on, so it's entirely possible that gunk has gotten in there. Is there any way to clean it? Is a replacement worth it for such a minor annoyance (I hate the idea of refurb replacements)?

2. techstyle macrumors member

techstyle

3. swerve147 macrumors 6502a

swerve147

Apple does offer in-store repairs now, including home button replacements. Probably a good alternative, especially if you want to stay within warranty and you like your phone otherwise.

4. scotrinaf macrumors 6502

I haven't tried replacing the home button on the iPhone 5 yet, but I hear it is much easier than on the 4/4s models which I have done. Took me about 1.5 hours on those and that's only b/c I had never done one before and I watched a YouTube video several times to make sure I was doing it properly...

5. KUguardgrl13, Nov 9, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2013

KUguardgrl13 thread starter macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Thanks! The home button seems to be the only issue. I would like to stay in warranty since I paid for AppleCare+!

I am a little concerned that they'll only have the black 5c home buttons... My iP5 is white!

6. DaveOP macrumors 6502a

They generally have parts going back to the 3GS or 4 sitting around. You'll be fine :)