Sticky iPhone 4 Home Button

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by VinceBognot, Jul 30, 2010.

1. VinceBognot macrumors newbie

Whenever I press the bottom half or the left side of my iPhone 4, I hear a "sticky" like sound. When I press the right side and top half, I don't get that sound. I've only had my phone for a day. The button works perfectly but it was just something I noticed. Anyone else have this problem?

2. cpcole macrumors newbie

this is old but

yeah this is old but was never answered. i have the exact same problem the poster had/has with my iphone 4. whenever i push the home button on the outer right or outer top left it makes a stcky/clicking noise that annoys
    me ALOT. i was gonna take it to the apple store because i went with a friend who had a sticky POWER button and they gave her a free new iphone 4. i was just looking to see if anyone had any easier solutions i could do to try and fix it. btw im on it right now :)

3. luisadastwin macrumors regular

luisadastwin

I think that it will be solved getting to the store where you bought it, right? :p

Or will they tell you that it is a pretty normal and 'not annoying' thing enough to swap to a new one? :p

4. Wickedgardengtp macrumors member

Wickedgardengtp

I simply slide a non-sticky corner of a post-it into the slit around the home button and swept around as much as I could before the paper bent. Button seems to be fine for now.

5. aesculus macrumors newbie

Wd-40

Put a small dab of WD-40 on a Q-tip and swab it around the rim of the button, then press it several times to work it in. This will provide just enough lubrication to prevent the plastic parts from catching on each other.

6. motoleo, Feb 12, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2012

motoleo macrumors 6502a

motoleo

This also works with alcohol.

Drop, press. Drop, press. That's all you need.