Sticky iPhone 4 Home Button

VinceBognot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2010
Whenever I press the bottom half or the left side of my iPhone 4, I hear a "sticky" like sound. When I press the right side and top half, I don't get that sound. I've only had my phone for a day. The button works perfectly but it was just something I noticed. Anyone else have this problem?

cpcole

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2011
this is old but

yeah this is old but was never answered. i have the exact same problem the poster had/has with my iphone 4. whenever i push the home button on the outer right or outer top left it makes a stcky/clicking noise that annoys
me ALOT. i was gonna take it to the apple store because i went with a friend who had a sticky POWER button and they gave her a free new iphone 4. i was just looking to see if anyone had any easier solutions i could do to try and fix it. btw im on it right now :)

Wickedgardengtp

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2009
I simply slide a non-sticky corner of a post-it into the slit around the home button and swept around as much as I could before the paper bent. Button seems to be fine for now.

aesculus

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2011
Wd-40

Put a small dab of WD-40 on a Q-tip and swab it around the rim of the button, then press it several times to work it in. This will provide just enough lubrication to prevent the plastic parts from catching on each other.

motoleo

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2012
This also works with alcohol.

Drop, press. Drop, press. That's all you need.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.