Sticky Keys!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by GomezPartyof5, Mar 2, 2011.

1. GomezPartyof5 macrumors newbie

This may not be the place to post this, I hope to get some help though! We just bought a MacBook Pro on Saturday and on Sunday my 3 year old spilled a mostly empty Dr. Pepper can on the open laptop. There wasn't much in the can, and it got mostly on the screen with a splash on the keyboard. I cleaned it up and placed it (opened) upside-down on a towel, nothing came out and it has worked absolutely fine, but now 5 keys are sticking and ants are taking a liking to it when I placed it by the window! Can anyone help me know how to clean behind the keys? Also, we did not buy the AppleCare warranty, although I am aware that liquid damage is not covered, regardless, but this same thing happened to my mom's and they fixed it for no charge since she did buy the warranty. They did tell her that it would cost $700 to repair/clean it, though. That seems crazy to me and I would like to get some feedback before I take it back to the Apple store. Any help/advice would be great!! Thank you so much!

2. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

you do have AppleCare for the first year ... take it back to Apple and politely ask them if they would mind opening it up and checking it for you.

They may be able to clean it up ... or you may get a very generous Genius who will just give you a swap. By doing nothing ... it may get worse.

good luck