Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
With the recent increased (I think) influx of "Switchers", I thought it might be nice to create 1 single sticky thread where "Switchers" can check in, share their experiences and excitement, and get greetings from all of us. That way, limiting the amount of "I just bought my first Mac" threads. They'll all be consolidated into 1 thread.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Good idea except the evidence seems overwhelming that the majority of newcomers don't read the FAQs or the stickies.

You can lead a horse to water...

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Blue Velvet said:
Good idea except the evidence seems overwhelming that the majority of newcomers don't read the FAQs or the stickies.

That is correct... they are quick on the trigger and post without looking, which is somewhat understandable.

Besides, it actually gives and opportunity for more seasoned forum members to welcome the newcomers and to offer encouragement and solid help.

I know when I first posted here for a problem a long time back, I had no idea how the forum worked as far as stickies and such, and I was even a lurker for a good while.

Not a bad idea to have a sticky to direct them to though... like E's avatar sticky.

BTW, love your 'tar yellow, she's awesome!

Woof, Woof - Dawg

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Blue Velvet said:

I always thought it was.

You can lead a newbie to a horse...

Of course you've probably seen me post the pict to describes what happens next. ;)

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Sun Baked said:
Of course you've probably seen me post the pict to describes what happens next. ;)
horse.gif

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
Blue Velvet said:

Yes.....I don't understand..it's there and they simply can't see it :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.