Stiff Digital Crown on Apple Watch Sport

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ghsNick, Apr 11, 2015.

1. ghsNick, Apr 11, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2015

ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

I just got back from my Apple Watch appointment and noticed something weird with the two Sport models I tried on.

The Space Gray Sport had a stiffer Digital Crown when turning vs the Silver.

It was definitely noticeable and I even showed the Apple Rep - she noticed but mentioned it was just a demo.

My question is do you think all Space Gray Sport models have a stiff Digital Crown or just the version I tried?

All the other ones on display were SS and they worked just fine. Check it out next time you go!

PS - It's the 42mm

Attached Files:

2. mightyjabba macrumors 65816

mightyjabba

They're giving away Royal Crown with Apple Watches now? :D

[​IMG]

3. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Talk about a brain fart!

4. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Can someone else please check at their local Apple Store?

5. mightyjabba macrumors 65816

mightyjabba

To answer more seriously, while I've never even seen one of these in person, it wouldn't surprise me if there was some variation -- especially in the beginning. I think they've gotten better about this, but there used to be variation in how the home button on iPhones felt and how flush it was with the surface of the device.

6. CharlieCat666 macrumors regular

CharlieCat666

Well, the watches you actually try on are on a demo loop so they may not be consistent with the actual product once it ships.

7. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Funny, another user reported the SS model had a more firm crown and that the sport was more flimsier.

8. bjdraw macrumors 6502a

One of the reviews I read Apple had to send them a new one because the crown was stiff and eventually stopped working. Moving parts, what do you want?

9. Lucifer666 macrumors 6502a

Interesting.

This is just the sort of think they use the 'G' word with in this forum.

Quality control, is going to decide this, but comparing yours to another might be a good idea.

10. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

No, I mean I had a Silver Sport and Sterling Silver Watch and the wheel spun very easily.

The Space Gray Sport spun but I had to press very hard to get it to move. It was like it needed WD-40 or something.