Stilgut Ultraslim or Poetic Strapback

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by GenderBender, Apr 30, 2012.

1. GenderBender macrumors newbie

they are both very very similar in design but which is better?

Stilgut is so much more expensive but it has really really high reviews. the design is almost the same but it does not have the strap holder like the poetic but it has two more viewing notches on the interior.

also not sure if stilgut is real leather or not

[​IMG]
    Stilgut

or
    [​IMG]

poetic strapback

2. konicky macrumors member

The Stilgut is definitely real leather and very high quality leather too. It feels lovely!! Never tried the Poetic so can't really compare but I am very happy with the Stilgut Ultraslim.

3. ElDogman macrumors 6502

ElDogman

^ is it really real leather? I was reading a german amazon review that claimed it was PU.. but sometimes its hard to tell between the two.

function wise those two seem the same, so I'm not sure if the big difference in cost makes the stilgut worth while.. it all comes down to the leather and I think the only one here who's touched both is Psychonaut aka Metagamer. he reviewed both and both are 4/5 stars.

some other very similar alternatives: Moko (the cheapest of them all), and Marware CEO (comes in carbon fiber but also leather, but its leather is smooth not textured).. but the Moko also comes in carbon fiber (or imitation cf) now too.