Still a chance that Apple may release MacPro during NAB?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by nSchmidt, Apr 13, 2010.

1. nSchmidt macrumors newbie

I heard a rumor that Apple has confirmed to make an appearance at NAB this week. Their scheduled for Wednesday, with a note that says they want to give a look at new hardware and software their releasing.

I know they just released the MacBook Pros today(and maybe thats the hardware referred to), but is there still a chance they might release the new Mac Pro tomorrow?

Seems like Apple is on a roll. iPad release, iPhone 4.0 announcement, Macbook Pros, iPad 3G...It'd be nice to see the Mac Pros get released too.

2. rajbonham macrumors 6502

Short answer: Probably not.
    Long answer: Probably not.

It really seemed like they might at first, but as it turns out, the event is being put on by another company. The company, IMT is just going to be working with some of Apple's software and such. I will be unbelievably happy if they release the new Mac Pro tomorrow. Releasing the Mac Pro during NAB makes the most sense, especially in terms of Apple targeting the right crowd, but who knows anymore.

3. gfiz macrumors 6502

gfiz

If Apple stays consistent their MBP release, they may release the new Mac Pro's with an ATI 9700 video card. :eek:

4. nanofrog macrumors G4

That rumor is a fake. Look here and here. Nor would they want it taking any focus from the laptops that released today.