Still cannot get Home Sharing working on iPad 2! Grrr...

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by shorn, Jul 25, 2011.

1. shorn macrumors regular

Hi all,

I have all my media on a 24" iMac. I have quite a large iTunes library. 1900 albums, 250+ movies (mainly 720p HD) and 1600+ TV show episodes (mainly HD).
    I have an ATV2 in the next room and it works perfectly. Fast browsing of my library. The iMac is wirelessly connected via an Airport Extreme.

I have an iPhone 4 and iPad 2. I am able to choose the shared iTunes library from within either the iPod or video apps, however it rarely ever connects in (loading icon remains), and when it does it takes probably about 15 minutes just to start bringing up the library view. Playing HD is impossible, and SD fairs no better.
    It seems crazy that the ATV can function perfectly, and buffer VERY quickly, however the iPhone and iPad cannot perform the same function.

I have never yet been able to get it to work well.
    This was going to be a feature that I wanted to get a lot of use out of but have been unable to!

Please help!

Am I missing something or is it generally considered to be a waste of time?

2. mutchy126 macrumors regular

Take a look at this Link, It seems that a lot of people are having Issues with Home Sharing and the iPad 2:
    http://adf.ly/2CC3k