Still can't download IOS 8 final? Because of beta?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pittguy578, Sep 17, 2014.

1. pittguy578 macrumors member

Just wondering...it is 430 PM eastern. I still haven't gotten the ok to download the final version of IOS 8 in my settings. It keeps saying up to date. Is it because I have the last beta installed? Unsure what to do here.

2. jbenkelman macrumors 6502

jbenkelman

The final beta, called the GM (Gold Master), is the same thing that was released today. If you have the GM installed on your beta device then its not going to recognize that you need to upgrade because...well...you already have it! Hope this solves your issue.

3. mnpeep macrumors member

I believe I had this issue last year with iOS 7, if you're on the GM release, you need to download the final through iTunes, since the version numbers are the same.

4. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

Not just the version numbers are the same. The code is the same. If you have the GM, it's the same build as the final release.

5. mnpeep macrumors member

I guess the bug I found yesterday in the phone app on my GM copy is in the final as well... great. Hopefully the iP6 has the issue sorted out.

6. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

You could, but it would be a waste of time. The GM is the exact same piece of software as what was released today to non-developers.

7. pittguy578 thread starter macrumors member

I don't think I have the GM though. I just had the last beta..is that considered the GM? I was thinking about installing the GM-saw it online, but didn't see the point since it was being released this week.

----------

I will check this when I get home.

8. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Nope, downloaded it on 5 different iDevices between noon and 3P CST and all have been upgraded successfully. Easy!

----------

Uhhhh, no....pretty big thing missing in today's iOS8 but Apple will undoubtedly release that info soon enough.

9. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

What? The build number is identical to the GM. Ergo, it's the same exact piece of software.

10. r-m macrumors 6502a

If you've not installed the GM, then you're still on beta 5 or whatever the last one was.
    I seem to remember you can't over-the-air from beta to GM/final. You need to update through iTunes.

11. pittguy578 thread starter macrumors member

One thing is OneNote is not yet working with the share button. Was the share button reserved for the final version of IOS 8?

12. mbsaeger macrumors 6502

mbsaeger

I would definitely restore from the last beta to the GM, and restore your setting (through iCloud backup). You can not update OTA because you are supposed to restore to the final build.

13. pittguy578 thread starter macrumors member

I will check it out when I get home fellow Pittsburgher