Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johughes72

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2011
Cheshire, UK
I have looked at various posts now including the extensive one about clean downloads but I'm still stuck. Sorry if I am being thick but......
my computer was wiped and reinstalled at an Apple store and is 'as new' with 10.8.6. I can't download Mountain Lion or Lion, both are greyed out on the app bar and say waiting, or downloading, or calculating, or 'error', but nothing seems to happen. Nothing appears in my App folder (as implied on one post) and I am at a loss. I can't open my back up files because they are ahead of my current system, and I am reluctant to ring Apple. Any help REALLY appreciated.I have spent HOURS on this.....

:mad:

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
I presume you mean 10.6.8. Anyway, cancel all pending downloads and then select Mountain Lion to download and install and remember it''s large so it takes a while

johughes72

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2011
Cheshire, UK
Still calculating...

Hi bear
Thanks for that, I've done what you suggested and Lion is now showing at 425MB of 4.72GB but says calculating. I don't hold out much hope as I have been here before!!!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-04-15 at 18.51.26.png
    Screen shot 2013-04-15 at 18.51.26.png
    399.6 KB · Views: 75

Peter Maurer

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2008
… Lion is now showing at 425MB of 4.72GB but says calculating. I don't hold out much hope as I have been here before!!!

Click pause, then resume. Doing so has sometimes revived seemingly stalled Mac App Store downloads for me.

johughes72

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2011
Cheshire, UK
mmm....

well, it did seem to jump start it - it calculated it would take 55 days!!! and then went back to calculating!!! I have tried a few times and the same thing is happening...... will keep trying (??) until I get a better idea!!
Thanks for your help, I do appreciate it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.