Still can't print over wireless

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by silbeej, Apr 19, 2007.

1. silbeej macrumors 6502a

i've got a pc, with a deskjet 812c connected via usb. This in turn is connected to a netgear wireless router, which my MBP connects to. When i got to set up the printer on the MBP, i can not see the desktop in the network neighborhood under workgroup, which is what the pc is assigned to. So i can't set up the printer to print from my laptop. anyone have any ideas??

2. simie macrumors 6502a

simie

On you pc, have you got file and printer sharing switched on?

Go to control panel network connections and right click on the network adaptor and enable it.

Then navigate to faxes and printers (in control panel) and then right click on the printer driver and enable printer sharing.

3. silbeej thread starter macrumors 6502a

I've got file and print sharing allowed in the windows filewall, also, i have the printer shared.

4. simie macrumors 6502a

simie

Check the IP addressees are correct and that you can ping the router. Also check the names of the workgroup both computers are on.

On the PC goto search, then to files and folders and next computers and people. Now select computer on a network and enter the IP address of the Mac.

Note that are 3 formats that you can use here.

You can either enter the name of the Mac - the IP address either like this e.g.\\192.1681.8 or just 192.168.1.2.

Click search

Note that any firewall may prevent you from searching properly so disable it whilst searching.