• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

anonbd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2013
Like many users, I've been having trouble sending emails from my iPhone 5 since updating to iOS 7. I tried everything I read online (restore and clean install and setting up my emails fresh (not from a backup), deleting accounts and adding them manually, hard reset and even tried taking the SIM out and putting it back again. I honestly probably tried over ten things and still nothing. I use email for both work and school and all of my work emails need to be replied to promptly. Yesterday I updated to iOS 7.0.4 and to my surprise I was able to send emails and they'd actually send. It worked for the first few emails and then it stopped working. Tried a few of the solutions again and still nothing.

I'm forced to take my MBA, and use my iPhone as a hotspot, with me now everywhere I go in case I have an email I need to send out for work.

And this problem is persistent between iCloud emails, Gmail and Google Apps.

I'd honestly appreciate any advice at all.

I did go to an Apple store and called Apple support and they were helpful, but they couldn't even fix it.

jrlcopy

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2007
Like many users, I've been having trouble sending emails from my iPhone 5 since updating to iOS 7. I tried everything I read online (restore and clean install and setting up my emails fresh (not from a backup), deleting accounts and adding them manually, hard reset and even tried taking the SIM out and putting it back again. I honestly probably tried over ten things and still nothing. I use email for both work and school and all of my work emails need to be replied to promptly. Yesterday I updated to iOS 7.0.4 and to my surprise I was able to send emails and they'd actually send. It worked for the first few emails and then it stopped working. Tried a few of the solutions again and still nothing.

I'm forced to take my MBA, and use my iPhone as a hotspot, with me now everywhere I go in case I have an email I need to send out for work.

And this problem is persistent between iCloud emails, Gmail and Google Apps.

I'd honestly appreciate any advice at all.

I did go to an Apple store and called Apple support and they were helpful, but they couldn't even fix it.

Not by chance a gmail account setup as MS Exchange is it?

Comment

anonbd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2013
Thanks for the reply.

No, they're not.

I should have also mentioned that this issue is present when I'm on Wi-Fi and LTE.

Comment

John T

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2006
UK.
Like many users, I've been having trouble sending emails from my iPhone 5 since updating to iOS 7.

I have an iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4 and am having no problems with emails. I must be one of the lucky ones! ;)

Seriously though, from what you describe, it sounds like a problem with your email setup. Have you tried going into Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and deleting each account, then reinstalling them. Some years ago I had a similar problem with an account and this sorted it.

Comment

anonbd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2013
I have an iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4 and am having no problems with emails. I must be one of the lucky ones! ;)

Seriously though, from what you describe, it sounds like a problem with your email setup. Have you tried going into Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and deleting each account, then reinstalling them. Some years ago I had a similar problem with an account and this sorted it.

Yeah, I tried that a few times and it didn't fix anything.

I've asked everyone I know and they all say that everything is working fine for them. Then I did a Google search and saw that there were lots of people who were experiencing the same thing.

Sucks because everything else is working just fine. I just have having to take my MBA out with me everywhere I go in case I need to send out an e-mail.

Comment

anonbd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2013
Okay, the weirdest thing just fixed it, for now.

I removed my SIM Pin, turned the phone off, removed my SIM, waited about ten seconds, and put my SIM back in and I was able to resend emails again.

Granted, the last update fixed this issue for me for a few hours and so did reseting my network settings. If it holds up until tomorrow I think I finally can send e-mails again.

Much appreciated to those who chimed in.

If it doesn't work again I'll let you guys know.

***EDIT***

Spoke too soon. Tried sending an e-mail after class and I ran into the same problem. I think there has to be a problem with the outgoing server.

Last edited:
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.