STILL can't update my iPhone, help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rebekaahx, Jul 16, 2011.

1. rebekaahx macrumors newbie

so i've posted one of these before, some guy replied with a link and it's way to complicated to sort it out. every time i try to update my iphone it says "your device isnt eligible for the requested build"

my iphone isn't jailbroken, nor is it 2nd hand. should i just reset all settings? i have no idea what's preventing my iphone from updating but its really frustrating. help please

2. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

Try another computer. And try downloading the ipsw and restore with that.

3. Cooolpenner macrumors regular

Just download the ipsw and update with this one.
    You'll have to hold Shift and click on restore (in itunes). Then select your downloaded ipsw.

4. BenXiaoHai macrumors member

I'm having the same problem now. Is the ipsw specific for phone carrier or any 4.3.4 ipsw from any website will do?

5. rebekaahx thread starter macrumors newbie

i did exactly that, still comes up with the same message. maybe i should go to the apple store?

6. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

What phone is it?
    It happens when u try restoring with a wrong ipsw.

7. rebekaahx thread starter macrumors newbie

iphone 4. i think i'm still on version 4.2.1, i downloaded 4.3.4 and it didn't work. i'm using a mac aswell, so i don't know how to choose the ispw downloaded to update with

8. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

It's specific to the phone. The carrier only matters because the CDMA ios addresses different radios.

9. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

Have you tried what I suggested?