Still carry your iPhone?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by R.D.O., Jun 18, 2015.

1. R.D.O. macrumors newbie

R.D.O.

Now that you have your Apple Watch do you still carry your iPhone with you during your workday or does it stay at your desk or office?

I am curious to find out if watch owners have changed their iPhone usage habits at work

2. LIOC macrumors member

LIOC

I carry my iPhone as the watch loses most of it's functionality without it. I don't take my phone out even 1/2 as much as I did before the watch.

3. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

^ I think he means being around the phone in your office for instance, in a case where you don't go out of bluetooth/wifi range. I still carry my phone around work because if I'm getting up from my desk it's usually to be in a meeting or something. At home however i almost never need my phone unless I really need to do something on it and it's beautiful. Also began working out with bluetooth headphones and the Watch as my iPod. Leave my phone in the locker room (the Wifi is weak at my gym so it doesn't really stay connected, but all I need is my music at the gym)

4. zfoster13 macrumors member

zfoster13

This is one of the reasons I wanted the  watch because I work from home and like to leave my iPhone at my desk. I love not missing texts or phone calls while I'm around the house!

5. loon3y macrumors 65816

loon3y

yes and no,

for somethings i leave it in my pocket, but say I'm at the DMV, or if I'm on a business trip in new york and i have to use public transportation, I'm on my phone browsing, social media, games.

but for quick looks on the go, especially driving or walking, its great.

Im an LA dude, so when i come to NYC during the winter its literally devastating. The watch is great when its -20 and you don't need to take off your gloves and pull out your phone and numb your hands to the point where it feels like needles are prickling every inch of your hand.

map is great, texting is not bad. but to look at photos and do some extensive stuff, not so much.

6. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Today is my first day with the watch. I usually keep my phone with me on the days when my son is with his babysitter just in case she needs to get a hold of me. I have been leaving it on my desk today and have gotten notifications on the Watch down the hall. So far, so good.

7. srshaw macrumors 6502

Not on my person no, not usually. It is generally within range of my watch though.