Still Deciding?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stillloveapple, Sep 17, 2014.

1. stillloveapple macrumors newbie

You can't change the physical look and theme of the iphone 6 unfortunately, you can still use a case though.

I was strongly considering upgrading my iPhone 5s to a 6 until recently I borrowed a friend's HTC One M8 for a week.

I was shocked at the amount of customizable things the Android operating system offered.

I switched and used between 5 different themes including launcher effects, awesome login screens and background/icon themes; it was hard to settle on one because they all looked incredible.

Being an iOS developer I was amaze at what other developers has done for the open source android platform.

I was able to use many dev tool kits etc. iOS is still a great operating system but now I truly see that the customizable Android operating is one of the best kept secrets that has been hidden from me and possibly you! Not trying to bash what I still love, but my opinion is this:

Android operating system means that the device can be customized for a more personalized experience.

An iOS device offers awesome applications and an easy to use interface.

As a long time iOS user and committer, I won't be getting an iOS device.

If you haven't made your mind yet, check out these videos that sums up many of the things why I'm not getting an iOS device this time around.

Android Themes

Android Launchers

2. Mindbender14 macrumors regular

3. s.chase macrumors newbie

I admit those themes actually looks awesome, but apple is apple :D

4. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

Have you heard of "jailbreaking", allowing your iPhone to download 3rd party themes, widgets, mods, apps, games....you name it.:apple: