Still dont really know if I one

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ByteTheBooty, Mar 8, 2015.

1. ByteTheBooty macrumors regular

Its been about 5-6 month since they announced it, and Im still not quit sure if I should get one...I have an iPhone, iPad, MBP and iMac and I use those everyday and I do want to complete my "collection" with the apple watch but Im not sure that I need it. With taxes, the cheapest one is going to be ~450$ (CAD)

Basically the only things I would do with it is: looking at the time, ignoring phone calls and the typical health stuff, and for running. But even for ruining, I need my phone with me at all times, and my phone can track most of what the watch is going to track so i dont know...

What are you guys going to use it for???

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

No point in asking now. Wait until after tomorrow's event.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If you're not sure, wait and see. You don't have to order it on day 1. Just sit back and see how it plays itself out.

4. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

Telling the time, controlling my iPhone (music and podcasts), receiving notifications while I'm out and about and don't want to take my iPhone out of my pocket, answering the phone (ditto). May take some interested in the health stuff.

TBH I'm perfectly happy with it being a watch that keeps really good time.

5. shox2k2 macrumors 6502

I'm fine waiting a year. I'm not too worried about battery life but I need to know why I need it. If it could work independent of my phone for things like biking or running then I would have a hard time not buying it. My phone does everything for me so I don't really want to add a device dependent on it at this time.

Maybe the event will have some cool apps and change my mind but as of now I'll wait for gen 2.

6. 3rdiguy macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

I know I want one, I just want them to sell the Stainless Steel to me. I'm going to buy it anyway but a reasonable price and other attractive option won't hurt.

7. betabeta macrumors 6502a

I have never worn a watch, I don't like them and I don't like any jewelry, but I'm buying one, I'll learn to love it. I'd probably buy an Apple toilet if they made one:D

I hope I can mostly leave my phone in my pocket, and lots of fitness use, I hope it records reps when I lift weights and tracks that daily, that would interesting.

I plan to use Siri, ask stupid questions and I guess talk to my wrist and look generally goofy in public, and I don't care:p I'll just get a yellow coat and a yellow hat, then people will understand.

I hope these all work.
    Hey Siri, turn of my Apple TV.
    Hey Siri, turn down the heat.
    Hey Siri, when does avengers age of ultra play tonight?
    Hey Siri, tell my wife I'll be late, very late.
    Hey Siri, why can't I unlock the front door?
    Hey Siri, order me a dozen roses.

8. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

Identifying a rep would be very hard with all the different movements possible.

Flyes, pullovers, cables etc.

9. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz