Still don't understand...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Ash9414, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Ash9414 macrumors 6502

...why Game Center isn't included in the iPhone 3G redsn0w iOS4.1 jailbreak? Surely if you have multitasking on 3G, you can have Game Center too because it shouldn't use that much memory.

2. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

Because it's illegal to redistribute Apple's copyrighted code. Any repo that redistributes the Gamecenter app is liable to legal action.

3. pinter macrumors newbie

Only where copyright laws are in effect though.

4. thep33t macrumors regular

like say, where most the devs live, and where some of the servers might be located?

5. Ash9414 thread starter macrumors 6502

But I mean, not make a cracked version, just make it so it's displayed in the software through the same way they did with multitasking and home screen wallpapers? Because it would be in the software IPSW, just not activated.

6. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

There isn't a toggle to turn Gamecenter off and on like multitasking. The app is not in the ipsw for the older devices.

7. Ash9414 thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh ok, makes sense. I must have read something wrong somewhere. Not sure why Apple wouldn't give it to 3G users though, unless they're trying to make them upgrade... I got mine from a family member because I couldn't afford to buy one myself so I can't really upgrade lol.