Still dropping wifi connection on 10.10.2. Any fixes?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mossme89, Mar 3, 2015.

1. mossme89 macrumors 6502

On my late 2008 MBP (yes I know it's old but it's still good for a lot of things, plus I have a Haswell desktop), I'm still having wifi dropping issues on the latest version. The drop follows a certain pattern. Open lid, have Internet. 30 seconds later, the connection drops. I turn wifi off, wait 10 seconds, turn it back on. Then the above happens 1 more time and after that, it's good to go. Not the end of the world but still very annoying. Never had any issues before upgrading to Yosemite.

Does anyone have this issue or know any fixes to prevent this from occurring?

2. duervo macrumors 68000

duervo

Some have downgraded back to Mavericks, others have bought a new router, still others have switched to 5GHz-only (may need a new router for that if your current one is really, really old), while others have bought an OS X compatible USB wifi dongle.

There have been all sorts of other things attempted by people to get it fixed ... so many odd things that I'm almost inclined to say that they are on the same level as sacrificing a chicken during the Spring/Summer/Autumn/Winter solstice, and burying its carcass at the base of a willow tree while chanting some sort of meaningful phrase over and over again. I guess that couldn't hurt either. I would skip the chicken part though, if it were me.

3. Bulldog3777 macrumors 6502

Wifi

I downloaded the Apple combo update from Apple which is suppose to fix wifi drops. It was released Feb 28. My MBP has not dropped the wifi since.