Still eligible for upgrade after preorder?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macslayer118, Jun 18, 2010.

1. macslayer118 macrumors 6502

I preorderd through AT&T Premier on the 15th, and everything seems fine with my order. It's showing up on all sites, money was authorized, got confirmation emails, so I'm assuming all is good.

The only weird thing is when I check my upgrade options, it still says I'm eligible to buy the iPhone for the $199/$299 price, which is awesome, I guess! I looked it up on the apple website, and used *639#.

Will my new contract start when I activate the phone, or will I be able to possibly buy a second one and sell it for a nice profit? Anyone else have this happen?

2. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

It won't start until you activate the phone. It's the opposite effect with those who ordered via Apple though.

3. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

AT&T told me (FWIW), that your upgrade status changes when it's shipped, not activated. Not saying that everyone else won't have a different answer. But it makes sense. If they waited until activation, you could buy a couple... :eek:

4. koilvr macrumors 6502

koilvr

I ordered through ATT.com and my upgrade date changed to 6/16/11 and my CSS form says contract end date 6/15/12 on att.com

5. macslayer118 thread starter macrumors 6502

Cool! I thought that was kinda weird cause I had read about people who said theirs changed to 2012. Didn't know Apple and AT&T would be different in that respect.

Thanks!

6. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

I was wondering the same thing since it says I'm still eligible as well. That was the only thing I was slightly worried about regarding my preorder. Glad I can put that to rest.

7. iBLAKEE macrumors 6502

The date on my brothers line, which I used to order the iPhone, has already changed to 6/17/12. I ordered from AT&T.

8. nparmelee macrumors 6502

We ordered both our upgrades through Apple and only one shows the eligibility date change and the other still says eligible now. The system may be taking a while to catch up as well.

9. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Mine has changed also to 2012 I ordered through apple.

10. technopimp macrumors 6502a

I ordered through Apple, but stupidly I put it on my number instead of my wife's (her line is not in contract as I used an unlocked phone when we switched to AT&T last year). My plan was to "swap" iPhones every year between the lines, since by the time the next phone came out one of our lines should be eligible. If I were to cancel my pre-order, would my contract be un-extended on my line? I realize I'd have to wait for the phone.

Or, could I take the phone to AT&T when I receive it and have them activate it on her line instead?

11. macslayer118 thread starter macrumors 6502

I guess it looks like this, too, is inconsistent. This preorder... all you can do at this point is laugh and pray lol