still getting random shutdowns and poor battery life on 3.1.2!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by otis123, Oct 14, 2009.

1. otis123 macrumors 6502a

this is really irritating, I was trying to send a MMS and it powered down, and my battery life still sucks. I'm getting really sick of this.

2. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

Have you tried taking it to the Apple Store? It could be a hardware issue...

3. MattsxB macrumors member

With 3.1.2 (1st gen iPhone) I am having poor battery life and a terrible time connecting to wifi. It shows the wifi all the time that is finds it but i can not connect. 2 other iPhones in the house connect with no problems.

4. Offshore1 macrumors regular

Offshore1

3.1.2 works great for me. MMS is faster, battery life is a bit better and I have no issues.
    Hope you get your issues resolved.

5. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

MMS still fails 9 out of 10 times for me, but other than that, I don't have many problems.

I am certain that your iPhone should never shut down randomly. This sounds like a hardware problem (maybe the heat sensor thinks its overheating or it crashes and instantly reboots). Take it into an Apple store after you've tried the usual (e.g. restore and set up as new phone).