Still getting sms lag w/ 2.0.1

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Jstick, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Jstick macrumors member

anyone else still getting lag when creating an sms message?

Thanks

2. Jstick thread starter macrumors member

3. ImARockStar macrumors newbie

Seems like im getting it worse then before now with the update.

4. DamnDJ macrumors regular

DamnDJ

Everything was Snappy when the update was applied, but over the past day it has gotten worse and maybe worse than it was before the update.

Contacts are starting to lag again too. Not every time, but last night I had it pause for a good 5-6 seconds before I was able to scroll through it, although right now it was only about 3 seconds.

5. EasyCheese macrumors newbie

Have any of you guys tried restoring after you applied the update? I read somewhere that that helped, but I don't know for sure. I haven't done it yet because it takes forever!!! Yes,....I am still getting MAJOR SMS lag.:mad:

6. kjs862 macrumors 65816

kjs862

7. rwd hero macrumors 6502

I am also getting horrible lag in both typing a text and scrolling through my contacts. I am putting some serious consideration in taking this phone back.

8. Millah macrumors 6502a

Yes, and on top of that it gets real sluggish a lot of times when I try to type in SMS. This whole release from Apple was just completely horrible, I get nothing but problems with this firmware and syncing in iTunes.

9. okrelayer macrumors 6502a

this updated fixed some issues but gave us loads of new ones. Let's hope most of the kinks are worked out on the next. I think alot of the issue is app support. Like when you lose the app the phone still keeps it in the memory which causing other programs to lag! Did the jqilbroken phones of iPhone onehave these lag issues?

10. radiotowers macrumors member

Yep, it's back. I can't see where this update has done anything for me except reduce my 3G reception.

11. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

I have no lag and my 3G reception has improved.

12. Jstick thread starter macrumors member

I experienced the same thing. I guess I will eventually try the restore route. :(