Still got a problem with iPhoto

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by stork, Jul 11, 2007.

1. stork macrumors member

I posted on here a problem with renaming photos in iPhoto.

When photos are imported they retain there ogrinal name, e.g 12345.jpg or sunset.jpg

When i rename them using the infomation tab so say Prom night1, or promnight1 and try searching in spotlight they only come up with no results or with the orginal names of the photos, e.g sunset.jpg.

I was told taking the HD off the spotlight list then replacing it, this doesnt seem to fix the problem.

It must be possible to search for the photos using there names, as they appear in searchs, its the renamed ones that dont appear?

Any help, i use iPhoto loads and if I could fix this it would make it perfect.

2. odinsride macrumors 65816

odinsride

I think you have to wait for spotlight to index the new file names. They won't show up in search results immediately after renaming them.

3. stork thread starter macrumors member

ive re-indexed my HD (by switching it off te spotlight list and putting it back), it says it re-indexing and takes a few minutes to do. But they still dont appear after then. I wondered if they needed to all small cases, e.g promnight1, instead of Prom Night 1. This doesnt work either!