Still happy with Late 2011 here...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by portcontrol7, Jun 13, 2012.

1. portcontrol7 macrumors member

I'm not impressed by the new lineup. 17 inch MBP at 1920 x 1200 looks pretty damn good to me, love the real estate on this baby and I'm cool with the 750 GB HD that I can remove and reinstall if it goes bad.

Just saying...

2. J.L.Photography macrumors 6502

u must be really bored...

and if i had a computer relatively as new as yours, why upgrade lol....

3. that1guyy macrumors 6502

Okay? why did you make a topic telling us you're not impressed and you're happy with what you have? Good for you, no need to draw attention to yourself.

4. portcontrol7 thread starter macrumors member

Just sharing the love of the late 2011 mbp... No ulterior motive. Converted just about a year ago. Loves me some Mac.

:D

5. VacantPsalm macrumors member

How well does gaming do in Parallels Desktop 7? Can you play Skyrim on low-mid settings? (I'm on the wall between this and RMBP, and you made a thread plusplus-ing the 2011, so I might as well ask.).

6. tonyunreal macrumors regular

tonyunreal

Happy MBP17 user here. :)

I found 17-inch to be the perfect form-factor for me, other models always seem too small for my taste. Plus I like having extra working space at the desktop, 1440x900 feels too limited, retina or not.

7. portcontrol7 thread starter macrumors member

Not sure, I use Vmware... When I played Skyrim I used bootcamp. Ran nice.

8. steve-p macrumors 68000

steve-p

Apple forced my hand, since I was waiting for a 17" refresh which never happened, and my 17" is 3 years old. So I just ordered a refurb 17" 2.5 which is most likely new stock anyway. It was only slightly more than the base retina model, a nice discount from what it would have cost a couple of weeks ago, and has the advantage I can swap my 512GB SSD into it from the old MBP, and add some cheap RAM myself. I'm not ready to give up the superb 17" screen for an Air on steroids just yet.