Still have not received a shipping confirmation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pahjay, Feb 8, 2011.

1. pahjay macrumors newbie

pahjay

I'm not sure if there is anyone else out there that is having the same problem as me. I pre-ordered my Verizon iPhone 2 minutes before midnight on the 2nd (PST) and I received a confirmation email at about 1AM, respectively. Ever since, when I check the "Check order Status" tab, I get the following: "There is an error with your order. Please refer to the email sent for more information." After calling Verizon customer service, all of the responses I have received have one common denominator, "There is nothing wrong with your order." Most recently, the nice lady told me that my phone will be shipped BY the 10th. Seeing that this was a first come, first serve basis, I only can see that I have been royally screwed out of staying up late to order mine. Of course, I know you east coasters had to stay up even later ;) I do have one hypothesis and I guess my question to all of you is, Did anyone else order the incipio black case along with their iphone and ALREADY receive it? The only thing that I can think of is the fact that my order was postponed to get the shipment of cases and then shipped with iphone and case together. All the while, I hope those of you that have already received it are enjoying it thoroughly . :cool:

2. OffsetZ33 macrumors newbie

Same here - my preorder shows an error with the order but the CSR shows no problem with the order. Says expected ship date is the 10th - so much for preordering I guess...

3. Namji macrumors 6502a

Namji

I know you guys are excited to receive the phone, but technically when you pre-ordered apple and vzw said that it will be before or on the 10th. I realize lots have received theirs on the 7th, but until the 10th has come and gone.. Apple and VZW are stil on schedule with your phones.

4. tbaker00 macrumors member

What should we do if it doesn't ship by tomorrow? My order status says the same as the Op.

5. OffsetZ33 macrumors newbie

That is true, but what then is the advantage to pre-ordering if it is to be shipped on the 10th and delivered on the 11th when you can walk in a store the morning of the 10th and have it that day. I do admit that not dealing with the crowd is a pleasing thought...

Right now Im just hoping that it actually ships within the next day or so and that there is not some weird hold on the order since it is showing an error (even thought the CSR does not show a prob with the order).

6. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

1. Convenience - You preordered and that's it.
    2. Guarantee - Go to a Verizom/Apple store tomorrow and there is no guarantee that you'll get one whatsoever.
    I lined up at an AT&T store the day they released it at 3. Seven others in front of me and they had 60 total. Over 200 were behind me by the time the store opened. Relax and throw a bf only if your phone isn't shipped out by tomorrow. The others were lucky to have received theirs so early.

7. pahjay thread starter macrumors newbie

pahjay

Just an update, I recieved a call today from verizon. I was told to cancel my order and reorder and i would be put on top of the "priority list." not sure what that means but whatever. Went from order #3975 to order #615745669. Blah. I love corporate America. :mad:

8. pahjay thread starter macrumors newbie

pahjay

Also on my new order, I see (1) FEDEXSTDOVERNIGHT3PM

this was not on my previous confirmation.

9. patp Guest

no shipping confirmation here either.

been checking my emails every 5 minutes.

the waiting is the hardest part

10. OffsetZ33 macrumors newbie

My original order shows that fedex shipping. Still havent gotten a shipping confirmation and the order status still shows an error with the order. Im fine with it if it still ships out tomorrow on the 10th, but if the order is hung up somewhere and doesnt I'll be pissed

11. pahjay thread starter macrumors newbie

pahjay

Screw it. Cancelled the order and went into best buy, was in and out in under 20 minutes. Worst pre-order experience I've ever had.

12. patp Guest

i'm gonna have to do this too. VZW dropped the ball on the pre order.

13. patp Guest

it ain't going to ship on the 10th. we'll be lucky if it ships by the 15th. It's looking like the guys who pre ordered are getting them shipped on the 18th.

it's a pre order, but post delivery.

14. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

Seriously, this is pretty cr@ppy. I stayed up late to pre-order, Verizon has definitely dropped the ball. :rolleyes:

15. Namji macrumors 6502a

Namji

Sorry for this guys...

Also Verizon dropped the ball on you guys... not the whole pre-ordering since I and few hundred thousands got theirs before or on the date they promised.

If you ordered your phone in the early morning then VZW/APPLE has no excuses.. but if you ordered your phone late that day, its possible that the online orders were taken but they could have ran out of stock and could not ship your phones. However, they could have at least recongnize this and sent an apology letters to the customers letting them know that their ordered phones will not be shipped. This way the the customers could just cancel and get the phone on the release date.

16. jaycab macrumors newbie

Yes verizon dropped the ball on the Feb 9th preorders (3am for me), i ended up canceling my pre-order and went to my local Verizon store at 1pm and they had plenty in stock. I was in and out in 20 minutes with my new Viphone

17. Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

Canceled my phone orders and went into a friends Verizon store and picked up two phones. He told me they didn't sell much of **** and so did all the other Verizon stores near by. Will be comparing to the AT&T Iphone my girlfriend has.

18. patp Guest

just got my iphone at lunch today. did the same thing, ordered Feb 9. cancelled that order and went to VZW retail store. Traffic at the stores is slow. Staffed very heavy, but lack of customers.

to the rest of you still waiting. If you have a VZW store nearby, go to the store, verify they have them and cancel your online order. I used one of the instore netbooks, cancelled the order and got my phone.

19. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Cancel your damn pre-orders and go to best buy or Verizon store. Done. My local store are still heavily staffed with no customers. HAHA.

20. flyingturtle macrumors regular

That's exactly what I did. I just came from the Verizon store. I cancelled my online order there (although it took a bit of work as the rep's didn't know the correct url to do the cancel, you have to use the one from the order confirmation email) and I cancelled it and walked out with my new iPhone. I wrote about it in the other thread here.

21. 24usedtorock macrumors regular

Hope it works out for you. I've been dissatisfied myself with Apple's shipping department. For some reason they like to arbitrarily dock house numbers from some orders, or omit the "second line".

They also print the labels and ship within eleven freaking seconds so it's impossible to change. :p

22. OffsetZ33 macrumors newbie

Screw it - cancelled the preorder (from the 3rd - still nothing as of today). Im over it - going to wait for the iphone 5.