Still have the old Siri voices

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by lewismayell, Aug 10, 2013.

1. lewismayell macrumors 6502a

So all the way through the iOS 7 beta, I have had the Siri voices from iOS 6, everyone else that I've seen talking about Siri have all got the new ones, is this just my phone (4S) or do other people have the same thing? I restored my phone yesterday and on a fresh install of iOS 7 I got the new voices, but upon restoring a back-up they changed again, could it be the back-up that is keeping them?

2. Sirious macrumors 65816

Sirious

The voices are US only right now.

3. lewismayell thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. Sirious macrumors 65816

Sirious

Thats what I thought too, but I am sure they will eventually change all the voices by the GM.

5. batting1000 macrumors 604

It could be the backup that's causing the issue. The new voices are not US only, but rather limited to US English, French, and German.

6. lewismayell thread starter macrumors 6502a

I suppose I'll have to wait until beta 6 and see if the new voices overwrite my backup ones if that's the case

7. batting1000 macrumors 604

Have you tried resetting your settings?

Settings
    General
    Reset
    Reset All Settings

8. stooovie macrumors 6502a

Too bad the new voice can't be used to read selected texts, but I guess it's generated on Siri servers and transmitted as audio files.

9. lewismayell thread starter macrumors 6502a

Did you?

10. batting1000 macrumors 604

Well it works fine for me so why would I?

11. Doublea6 macrumors regular

Doublea6

What exactly does resetting your settings do? Like what all would I have to change back?

12. batting1000 macrumors 604

It resets the phones settings. It doesn't erase anything, but you'd just have to reconfigure everything in the Settings app.

13. enent macrumors newbie

I have this problem too

I live in the US, running iOS 7 b6 on a GSM iPhone 5 and my siri voices are the older versions - it's strange because I also have the same iOS 7 b6 on an iPhone 4S and siri is the new more human style.

I have reset all settings, completely restored twice, disabled and re-enabled siri to no avail. Still have the old voices.

I can't imagine how, after a full restore of the iPhone and iOS 7 beta6 I would retain the older iOS 6 siri voice. Very computer-like and unlike the siri on my 4s iPhone.

Thoughts?

14. batting1000 macrumors 604

Did you do a clean restore or did you restore from a back up after restoring?

15. KeanosMagicHat macrumors 65816

Hope you're right, but unfortunately for UK users like us, I'm highly doubtful.

When Siri was relaunched as an Apple product, they noted that both male & female options would be available in the UK "soon" . . .

When I chased it up about a year afterward, I received an email response from Apple with a line that's far too popular on these forums, "It's a Beta"

With this in mind, I wouldn't be hopeful of voice quality updates either.