Still haven't received confirmation email to pick up iPad from Apple store.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by seasurfer, Mar 8, 2012.

1. seasurfer macrumors 6502a

Am I the only one? I bought it yesterday at 11pm eastern time, so far I only received an email tell me that Apple is preparing it, it also told me wait for the confirmation email. I checked my account, no money deducted yet.

Am I the only one?

2. seasurfer thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. Iffy22 macrumors newbie

I also did this and received the same email. It will be available for pickup on March 16 so I guess they will send the confirmation email on the 16th, (as stated in the message)

4. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

See now this is weird. I tried ordering it three separate times (because of the site issues) and each time the "Pickup at Store" option changed. I was sketchy about it because it kept changing to "Not Available" to "Available at (the apple store)" so I just decided to be safe and have it shipped to my house.

5. seasurfer thread starter macrumors 6502a

I really feel worry now. Can we really pick it up at the store, or we need to queue up just like everyone else who never pre-ordered?

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Don't worry about it -- the "iPad is ready to pick up" email will show up about 2-3 days before the pickup date. That's what happened with iPad 1.

7. seasurfer thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just got an email saying that money is deducted from my account, still haven't got the pick up mail yet.

8. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

Of course you haven't received confirmation that your iPad is ready to be picked up, because it won't be ready to be picked up until Friday :) Expect to get that email on Thursday, that's when I've traditionally gotten mine for these big releases, the day before.

9. HuRR macrumors member

You're lucky it's the 16th. I did the pick up option and the pickup date is the 27th. I ordered on the 7th at night.

10. ppfd macrumors regular

ppfd

Ordered the the 7th as soon as I could get logged in.
    Email Saturday the 10th saying I'll have it by the 16th.

So we will see.:D

11. MatthewStorm macrumors 6502a

MatthewStorm

Where are you folks located that you had the pick up option? I'm in NYC and that option wasn't available when I preordered. Delivery on the 16th but no pick up.

12. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

For me on the east coast.....pick up in store didn't show up until about 11pm the first day. Then they lasted until everything switched to the March 19th date.

I am flying to CA on the 16th and have two on preorder for store pickup (purchased on the 7th and 9th). Apple charged me card for both today.

-Kevin

13. nrrhgreg macrumors member

My card was charged for my in-store pickup today as well.

14. seasurfer thread starter macrumors 6502a

Till now, I still haven't received any email to pick up tomorrow, but my card is already being charged. What should I do? Can I still pick up tomorrow?

15. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

I ordered 2 new iPads. One on the 7th and one on the 9th.

I received the email that the one I ordered on the 7th is ready for pickup tomorrow.

I haven't received anything for the one on the 9th yet....but the online order status still shows Mar 16.

-Kevin

16. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

I received my store pickup notification email yesterday for the NYC Fifth Avenue store. I called Apple to inquire about the email, and they said it's basically an automatically-generated email sent out whenever the iPad inventory for that store arrives at the store and is scanned into the system. If you don't receive it by Friday, you can contact the Apple customer support number.

17. seasurfer thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just got my pickup email. I am so happy. But it didn't say what time I can start collecting it. Can I collect at midnight?

18. rkahl macrumors 65816

19. theone09 macrumors regular

as soon as the store nearest you open tomorrow, you will have it.