Still haven't received my iTouch rebate

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thadoggfather, Jun 17, 2010.

1. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

and it's been about 7-10 days if not longer since I've applied for it.

I wonder whats up. . .

2. xlii macrumors 68000

xlii

Last year it took 2-3 weeks to receive the rebate... give it some more time.

Edit... if memory serves.... you can look up the status of your rebate at the apple website...

3. aristobrat macrumors G5

I think that's normal now.

They used to be very quick with the rebate checks, but then people would get get/deposit the check, and return the rebate item (like the printer) for a full refund.

So now the seem to hold the rebates until at least after the return window has passed.

4. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Yeah, like others said it takes 2-3 weeks, that's how it worked for me, you should be safe to get it in a month. I think the main reason Apple doesn't instantly send you the rebate is because if you were to return the computer within the 14 days policy you would've gotten you rebate plus a returned computer. Rather than go through discrepancies and such they just wait past the return period and send you the refund.

5. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

I did exchange my machine twice due to having one not opening properly and the other with a dead pixel. Never returned the iTouch though. I still should see the rebate no problems, right?

6. chrisvanhorn macrumors regular

chrisvanhorn

You shouldn't expect to receive your rebate for about a month or so after you've made your purchase.

7. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Exchanges are fine, they won't affect your rebate, I was referring to refunding the computer within the 14 days. Just to be sure nothing goes wrong though, I would contact Apple's rebate center to give them the latest serial number to have on file, that's what Apple instructed me to do when I exchanged my 15" i5 glossy to the antiglare model.

8. Steve Jobs. macrumors regular

9. mox123 macrumors 6502

This is what my rebate status says:

"Thank you for your Perfect Companion 20 submission, your claim has been received and is being processed. You should expect your check to be processed by 7/7/2010."

Does this mean that they have approved my rebates for iPod Touch and printer?? When I filled out the rebate form online, it said that they weren't sure if i was eligible and needed to get back to me. :confused:

10. pacmania1982 macrumors 6502a

pacmania1982

Its probably because they're trying to figure out what an iTouch is... considering they never released a product with that name...

11. jolawson macrumors member

I'm in the same boat as the OP. I purchased mine on May 25, and havent received my rebate check yet. I did, however, get an email yesterday saying that my rebate check has been mailed. So...2-3 weeks is normal. I'm sure some cases may take longer. Patience grasshopper :)