Still Haven't Received my UTD!!!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by simplymuzik3, Sep 4, 2009.

1. simplymuzik3 macrumors 6502a

I just wanted to let everyone know that I still haven't received my UTD!! I live in toronto. Has everyone in toronto got theirs? I can't believe I still don't have it! I might just go buy it from future shop. It says the estimated delivery date was sept 3. Currently its sept 4th. Can I still cancel the order and get my money back?

2. JuiceX macrumors newbie

In Toronto,
    Have not received mine yet either...
    I expect it in today...

Too bad its not coming straight from the Markham Location.
    We would have had it Last Monday!

3. enirehtac03 macrumors newbie

Okay..I feel like I'm setting myself up for this one...but what is a UTD?

Also...chill out, you live in Canada - isn't everyone there supposed to be chilled out?:cool:

Sidetrack...
    I heard with global warming and all Canada will be the next big agricultural hit. The only climate which can grow food. All the others...well deserts or under water or intense storms. Save energy..power off overnight!

4. JuiceX macrumors newbie

UTD = Up To Date Program.. if you bought your mac From June 2009 you Qualify.

We are all chill in Canada because we all live in Igloos. :p

5. zw-gator macrumors 6502a

zw-gator

Mail just came, and AGAIN, no SL

WTF?

I just hope I have to sign for it, as it might be here when they deliver packages. If it's not here today I'm formally complaining.

6. amoda macrumors 6502a

I was supposed to receive it yesterday but I still haven't and the mail has already come. So I won't be getting before Monday, yay.

7. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Dont complain I got my retail disc today, ordered from Apple two days before the release, shipped on the release date though.

8. zw-gator macrumors 6502a

zw-gator

Did you have to sign for it?

I ordered mine in mid-June...we should have all had it last Friday.

If we don't get it today at best we'll get in Sept 8th, a full week and a half late

9. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Nah I took mine postal so it landed in the mail today. I'm a cheap bastard, didn't want to pay for DHL.

10. zw-gator macrumors 6502a

zw-gator

^ That ****ing sucks

Looks like it's Tuesday at best before we get this

I'll write up my complaint later today

11. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I would have thought that it would have been there by now, however, since it is not my guess is that it comes regular mail and is stuck at the border. Apple really should have shipped the boxes of discs to someone more local and then let them distribute from Canada. Leave it to Apple. :rolleyes:

12. zw-gator macrumors 6502a

zw-gator

^ I thought they were sent from Canada (somewhere in Ontario)?

If it was shipped from the US, I don't expect it until NEXT Friday

13. ManiG macrumors member

In Montreal and still haven't received mine. Couldn't wait so I downloaded it. Figure I already paid for the license so why not. Thank you Internet ...

14. simplymuzik3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Im thinking of also doing that. It would be much easier than waiting for another week :mad:

15. weckart macrumors 68040

Perhaps Apple should have named it Behind The Times so people's expectations wouldn't have been raised so highly.

16. subalou1 macrumors newbie

Mine was scheduled to be delivered by Sept. 1st and it still has not arrived.

17. farmermac macrumors 6502a

though I don't live in Canada I also got gipped on the utd disc shipping and ended up downloading it. Might as well have bought it through iTunes. Would have been a better experience overall then downloadng off a newsgroup and wonder wether I'm getting the official release

18. jeznav macrumors 6502

Mine was supposed to arrive yesterday. The ram that I bought from OWC on Monday took only 1 day to ship from Illinois to Toronto!

I'm going to check the mailbox after 6pm. I feel Murphy's law in effect so I'm going to try what ManiG and farmermac is doing. Ironically when I'm done setting up my Mac and everything that would be the time I actually get the disc. :eek:

Earlier, a friend of mine joked how he got his on Saturday at the new Apple Store at Square One mall and how I should've bought it there instead since I live 5min from it!

19. 3alawipod macrumors newbie

Why do i have a feeling we share the same friend haha, i too had a friend get it from square one. But i actually still don't know if we were able to do the UTD at the store or it had to be online.

20. msalman macrumors member

Living in Toronto - Stouffville exactly - ordered in July and no SL yet. Given the fact that, as of now, many people still haven't received it yet, I won't be surprised if I do not get it today either. Which means I will have to wait till next week which is just not right. This is pure nonsense at its best!! :mad:

I should have just got it from local store!

does UTD work if you buy it from a local store? Why couldn't they ship it from local stores, specially if you are choosing a cheap route to ship it: Canada Post!!? arggghhhh

I am gonna call Apple and yell if I did not get it today - no joking.

21. simplymuzik3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well I already got my mail for today, and guess what? No Snow Leopard!! Now I have to wait until next week and get it tuesday earliest (monday is holiday) :mad:

22. zw-gator macrumors 6502a

zw-gator

I just emailed sjobs@apple.com and complained

Anyone have anymore emails I could try?

23. numbersyx macrumors 65816

numbersyx

Also in Toronto and on UTD - did not receive it either.

Pretty shocking how Apple treats customers who buy a new system from them. And $13 to send it normal post??????

24. simplymuzik3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah I know :mad: Now we get it on Tuesday hopefully! It's going to be almost 2 weeks since launch! Such bad service! cmon Apple! :mad:

25. KevinC macrumors member

Relax, have a beer.. those UTD's should be showing up anytime now.

[​IMG]