Still having issues downloading iOS 8

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by bluechipBMW, Sep 20, 2014.

1. bluechipBMW, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2014

bluechipBMW macrumors member

I have not been able to download iOS 8. Every time I try with iTunes it says over 20 hours remaining and some times I get over 50 minutes remaining!? I confirmed my internet connection is fine so I then tried OTA and I'm still having issues. When I try OTA I end up getting a message saying "Software failed - An error occurred downloading iOS 8.0.

I highly doubt the servers are still backed up. Can there be something wrong with my 5S (7.1.2)? I also confirmed I have over 9 gigs of space available. I even tried a manual restore (home and sleep) but no luck.

Any advise I would greatly appreciate.

Thanks!!!

2. Sixto macrumors member

3. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

You can download the file from their server, without having to go through iTunes.

4. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

I think it might still be their server. I was able to download it on Wednesday on my iPhone but could not download on my iPad until last night.

Keep trying.

5. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Your phone has nothing to do with iTunes' downloads, so your connection to Apple servers is probably the only responsible.
    Try downloading your ipsw from here:
    http://www.evad3rs.net/2013/07/ios-8-download-links-for-iphone-ipad.html

The links point at Apple's servers, probably the same that iTunes uses.

6. Mr.C macrumors 601

I had a similar problem yesterday on my iPad Air. It said estimated time would be like 13 hours. I stopped the download and tried again two more times with the same result. Them I reset my router and it downloaded in about 6 minutes.

7. evotoiphone macrumors regular

Good to know that I am not the only one having this issue!! I have been trying to update for days and when I tried the manual download (3 times) it says it wasn't compatible with my phone even thought the model #'s matched. Uggghhhh