Still Image

GodBless

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2005
Fender2112 said:
You can pause the DVD and then use Grab to capture the image. It's located in Applications >> Utilities.
You cannot use Grab when the DVD Player application is open. Nor can you use the command+option+3, command+control+option+3, command+option+4, command+control+option+4, command+option+4+spacebar or command+control+option+4+spacebar keyboard shortcuts while the DVD Player application is open.

In order to take a screenshot of a DVD playing in the DVD Player application you need 3rd party software. Try using SnapNDrag by Yellow Mug software: http://www.yellowmug.com/snapndrag/

This program should solve the problem. It's free too!

devman

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2004
AU
you can use the screencapture program from the Terminal. e.g. screencapture -c

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
I create my own DVDs so not being able to do screen captures in DVD player or even in Finder, is just plain criminal. Until Apple stops treating people like me as criminals, I will refuse to use Finder.

GodBless

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2005
Lacero said:
I create my own DVDs so not being able to do screen captures in DVD player or even in Finder, is just plain criminal. Until Apple stops treating people like me as criminals, I will refuse to use Finder.
What do you mean you can't capture pictures in Finder? Of course you can. The problem is that you can't capture pictures while the DVD Player application is open, no matter what program you are in. I'm assuming that Apple makes it hard for users to take pictures from DVDs because of copyright laws.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.