Still iPhone 4S lines at some Apple Stores?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sweetbrat, Oct 15, 2011.

1. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

I'm curious to see if it's like this anywhere else.

I was at the Apple Store at the mall tonight at about 8pm to get a screen protector and a case. When we walked up, there was a line of people waiting to go inside. I thought maybe they were letting people in a few at a time because the store was at max capacity, but when we asked they said it was the line of people waiting to get an iPhone 4S. There were a few people in front of us that wanted to get in the line, but they were told that they stopped letting people get in line about 2 hours earlier (I'm assuming because they needed to be able to get through everyone before the store closed at 9pm).

When we checked out, I told the sales rep I was surprised there was a line. He said he was too! He said there was a couple hours yesterday when they didn't have a line and people could just walk in and get a phone. But all day today had been very busy and they'd had a line of people waiting.

I thought people would just be able to walk in and grab a phone today, but I guess that's not always the case. Has anyone else been to an Apple Store today and run into the same kind of thing?

2. davelanger macrumors 6502a

I went into the mall in Framingham Ma applestore and I waited in line for about 90 mins for my phone. I think most though (like me) yesterday would be super busy so I went today. The manager of hte store said there were hardly any lines yesterday, no more than 2 or 3 deep at anytime. today the average hour was 90 mins to two hours

3. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Buddy of mine called me from the one on Boylston in Boston this evening and was in a line for a Verizon one. The Verizon store down the street sold out so he went to Apple and got one in an hour.

4. Wnt2bsleepin macrumors newbie

I walked into a mall near me (Walt Whitman, NY) and there was a long line there as well. I didn't feel compelled to wait in line though.

5. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

The Apple Store in the International Mall in Tampa had no lines at 8:30pm, and lots of people setting up their iPhones.

6. sweetbrat thread starter macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

Interesting. I guess I thought things would have quieted down a little by now. I was just surprised they'd had a steady line all day. Makes me even happier that I pre-ordered mine.

7. testeng1966 macrumors member

Shocked to get mine last night

I called our local Verizon Store and asked, "I am sure your going to say no, but do you have any 16g 4S's in stock?"
    They said they had several of all models in stock still, at 7pm.
    I want right down and picked mine up.
    No Line!

8. AppleScruff1 macrumors G3

AppleScruff1

I was at the Natick Collection Mall yesterday and there were probably 20 people in line, not nearly as bad I thought it would be. But maybe it was busy today because it's Saturday and more people weren't at work.

9. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

The apple store I went to also had a line. I stood in it for about 2 mins before I was assisted, and there seemed to be only 5 or so people at any given time. They were sold out of sprint but had plenty of Verizon and AT&T.

10. spades1412 macrumors 6502

I stopped in the Apple store in Roseville, MN tonight about 7:30pm and there was a line for iPhones. The line had 10-15 people waiting.

11. Fusion79 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I am up in Minnesota this weekend and we were at the mall of America tonight. At about 9 we stopped by the apple store not expecting them to have anything and were able to walk out with a 16gb 4s about 20 mins after walking in.

12. RxMac macrumors 6502

My wife was shopping in Kansas City on the Plaza

Said long lines all day yesterday, outside and around the block. Today still lines, but still had lots of phones. I figured they would sell out yesterday, as they have during previous launches. My wife got two phones today, white 16GB verizon.

13. everlong44 macrumors newbie

I bought my iphone after work on launch day.. at 5:30. I live right outside philadelphia, so its a very populated area with only a few stores around. I walked in the Verizon store near me and they said they had a long line in the morning but only sold out of the 16 GB black model... every other model they had plenty of. I was certain they would be sold out... but I guess Apple was prepared this time. Grabbed myself a 32 gb white... ********** awesome since its my first iPhone.

14. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

yeah i was VERY surprised. Went to Apple with my dad today cuz he wanted to check out some cases and we saw a good 40 people lined up at Twelve Oaks Mall in Novi. I whipped my iPhone out as I walked by for kicks :p

though im guessing no one noticed considering it looks the same lol

15. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

The guy at the AT&T store told me that for the 4 launch they got 25 units the first day and pretty much sold out immediately. This time they got 250 units for the first day, and sold 248 case they only has 2 left on Saturday morning.

16. WMassSoprano macrumors newbie

There were about 25 people in line at the mall in Holyoke, MA late this afternoon when my Husband and I were there. I thought I was being helpful when I said to the people in line as we passed "Don't worry! It's totally worth the wait!" I think they thought I was being sarcastic though... because all I got in return were dirty looks :-\

17. phearx macrumors regular

Waited on line for 5 hours with my girlfriend to get the 4s at the 5th avenue store in manhattan. Thanks alot bestbuy!

18. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

There were maybe a dozen people outside my local Apple Store today and it was really packed.

19. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

Plenty of iPhones in my local Future Shop.

Apple stores are sold out. I guess people want unlocked phones more than they want ones that are carrier locked.

20. kevindosi macrumors regular

i'm also curious. i'd like to go pick one up. anyone know about lines in houston? wondering what time i should show up to get one, or where i should go.