still jb att iphone? tips?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by spaceboots06, May 14, 2011.

1. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

hi all,

looks like after a number of problems i will have to restore and then attempt to rejailbreak my iphone. right now i have a 4.1, if i restore my phone what version will/should i restore to and afterwards is there any way to get all my jailbroken stuff back?

ANY tips are appreciated!

Thanks

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Restore, update to 4.3.3, jailbreak will redsnow.

3. spaceboots06 thread starter macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

thanks! will this have any cool stuff that i don't have in 4.1? besides apple's stuff... will i be missing anything? will i be able to use all of my 4.1 jb'd apps that i paid for with 4.3.3?

4. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Yes, use pkgbackup.

Anything you paid for can be reclaimed by going to your account on Cydia and logging in with whatever you used to identify yourself when you made the purchases.

5. spaceboots06 thread starter macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

oh lord, that's expensive

6. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

It's probably just a better idea to just re download all of the packages manually. It's time consuming, but free.

7. dudeabiding macrumors 6502

dudeabiding

Why not just DL a 4.3.3 firmware and use pwnage to make a custom firmware? Skip the whole going through Apple Restore process and do it yourself. I just did it, took less than 30 minutes to create the firmware and then run it through iTunes (option click Restore and then point to the firmware just created). If you are on AT&T, make sure to use Expert mode and untick the Activation box before making the custom firmware.