Still Learming: Printer Install (Samsung Wireless)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by BarkingGhost, Oct 31, 2011.

1. BarkingGhost macrumors regular

Both the package on Apple's support site and the one on Samsung's site are the same package for OSX. I went ahead and installed it and noted Apple's printer compatability list included me Samsung ML-1865W wireless printer.

I have a brand ne i7Mac that was bought just before the past weekend running Lion, did all available updates, configured the wife's email and migrated her iTunes account and music from her W7 machine.

I have no clue how to go configure a printer, and barely got the driver package installed. I do not see where i can select a printer from a list, or see an only-installed printer. I admit I am OSX challeneged here.

What am I missing (other than the printer)?

2. PirateMonkey macrumors member

You need an Apple compatible driver cd/downloaded driver, and during the installation you should be prompted to open system preferences >Print and scan>+ then add your Samsung model of driver, my Kodak printer done most of these steps for me.

3. BarkingGhost thread starter macrumors regular

The 'Add printer' from the drop-down menu as illustrated in the help was not helpful as it is now found in the little square box with the '+' symbol in it. I got the printer working and focusing on a couple of other buggy issues.