Still love my MBP

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ready2switch, Jul 3, 2007.

1. ready2switch macrumors 6502

ready2switch

Okay, so it's only been three weeks since I received my MBP, but in that time I have become so adjusted to it from my former "windows world" that I can't understand why I waited so long to get one in the first place. In fact, I have been having so much fun on my new machine that I've not haunted these forums in, oh, 3 weeks! :p

The one complaint I have is the heat, which is in no way a major issue. Doing normal tasks (even a multitude of normal tasks) my MBP sits between 36-45C. It does tend to heat up when I work the video card, either through video encoding or by playing WoW. My two solutions have been smcFanControl to boost the minimum speed of the fans so that it stays cooler for longer and to cap my fps in WoW to about 35fps (when it was normally running 40-60fps depending). Visually I can't tell a difference on these sometimes 5 fps, but my video card obviously can, as it brings the normal temp down from 78C (with only fans boosted) to 56-58C! (without either the temp easily hits 90C)

Anyway, just thought I'd stop in to report. Happy MacRumor-ing! :D

2. zechmann macrumors member

i made the switch at the perfect time (when vista came out)... i liked windows up until then... there are good/bad about both OS's.. just more good with macs

3. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

90 degrees Celsius?!!? Man, something might be wrong with your computer. That's plenty hot enough to make water steam. You may want to talk to Apple about that.