Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mahler12x

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
California
I walked by my local Apple Store yesterday (9/21) at 5pm and there was a huge line stretching several stores long at the mall. Is there really stock to sell them that late in the day?

I'm wanting to get a 6+ T-Mobile phone and I simply never see them come up available for pickup online, no matter what time of night.

Are ALL these folks in line just for the 6? Is it just carrier phones? I mean, 5PM and that many people must be getting something.

Would I have a chance for a 6+ T-Mobile if I got there super early, or would it be pointless?

kevroc

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2011
I walked by my local Apple Store yesterday (9/21) at 5pm and there was a huge line stretching several stores long at the mall. Is there really stock to sell them that late in the day?

I'm wanting to get a 6+ T-Mobile phone and I simply never see them come up available for pickup online, no matter what time of night.

Are ALL these folks in line just for the 6? Is it just carrier phones? I mean, 5PM and that many people must be getting something.

Would I have a chance for a 6+ T-Mobile if I got there super early, or would it be pointless?

Yes, just came from a store with long lines. There's a general line and a store pickup line. They are recommending that the people in the general line order via the phone app and do store pickup. As soon as they get the email confirmation they can move to the much shorter line. If for some reason you can't do store pickup then you are relegated to waiting...

mctrees02

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2008
I was at the Knox St store in Dallas today and there were roughly 30 people in the line they had for those not picking up a reserved phone. On Saturday at 4PM that line was closer to 75-100 with temps in the mid 90's + high humidity.

golfdude

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2005
Yep, still about a 20 person line at the one Apple store by my house at 2pm today. My local Apple store has plenty of 6's available but no plus's. With the 6/6+ going on sale in 20+ other countries this weekend the inventory for the 6"+ is only going to get worse I would imagine.

baller1308

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2009
I was at the Knox St store in Dallas today and there were roughly 30 people in the line they had for those not picking up a reserved phone. On Saturday at 4PM that line was closer to 75-100 with temps in the mid 90's + high humidity.
Damn having to wait outside would suck.

The Apple Store in the mall nearby had about 25-30 people waiting to get their's and about 5 people in the reservation line at 1:30pm.

Mahler12x

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
California
Yep, still about a 20 person line at the one Apple store by my house at 2pm today. My local Apple store has plenty of 6's available but no plus's. With the 6/6+ going on sale in 20+ other countries this weekend the inventory for the 6"+ is only going to get worse I would imagine.

So, has anyone had any luck getting a 6+ by just lining up in the AM?

I know my mother in law was savvy enough to log into Apple.com at about 11pm - midnight and snag a 6+ Gold 128GB, but that was an AT&T phone. But not bad. I can't find a Plus anywhere from any carrier near me, let alone a T-Mobile unlocked.

mcdeeee

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
Not on Sat

My Brother-in-law and I lucked out on Saturday. We were in San Luis Obispo for the Weekend and walked by the Apple Store and there was only about 10 in line for the walk in's. We both already pre-ordered the plus, but that October ship date was annoying. So we got in line, plenty of 64 plus's in stock. An hour later we each got one and were like, what shortage?
Lucked out I guess?

Mahler12x

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
California
My Brother-in-law and I lucked out on Saturday. We were in San Luis Obispo for the Weekend and walked by the Apple Store and there was only about 10 in line for the walk in's. We both already pre-ordered the plus, but that October ship date was annoying. So we got in line, plenty of 64 plus's in stock. An hour later we each got one and were like, what shortage?
Lucked out I guess?

Holy ****, seriously? What carrier?

Vikinguy

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2007
My dad said there was a pretty long line at the south Minneapolis store this morning.

fiyeroni

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2014
Well over 100 people waiting in the standby line before the mall opened in Brea, CA this morning.

Crazy!

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
I got to my local store at 10 am when they opened to get applecare+ and there had to be well over 200 people waiting for a phone. They weren't letting anyone in until you were paired with a rep so even I had to wait in a small line for non iPhone 6/6+ purchases.

pilotkid

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2006
Chandler, AZ/Chicago, IL
I waited in line at my local Apple Store(San Tan Villiage, in Gilbert, AZ) for about two and a half hours on Saturday. It was a long and horrible wait (outside in 100+ degree weather) but in the end it was worth it.

M5RahuL

macrumors 68040
Aug 1, 2009
TeXaS
There were literally NO lines yesterday here in Denver, CO courtesy of Football [ American Football, not soccer ]

I was like :eek:as I walked past the Apple store at the mall.. Even saw some Apple employees twiddling their thumbs!! ... Guess they could use the break :)

jbromer

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MD, USA
Big line at Montgomery Mall today. Almost everyone was there for a 6+. They announced right at the outset they only had them in 64 and 128's, and only for AT&T and Sprint (no T-mobile or Verizon). About half the line walked off. 1 women grumbled about this being the 3rd day in a row...

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I just visited the Apple store in Madison, Wisconsin, and there were like only 5 people in line. But that was around 7:30 PM. Mall closes at 9 PM.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.