Still no ecg app in uk....

Blaster13

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 6, 2015
when do we believe the ecg app will be released for the series 4 then..

iamasmith

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2015
Cheshire, UK
I'm pretty sure this has been done to death on other threads. You may never see it - you may never see it for the S5 etc. either.

It needs a lengthy approval process (years?) to be done before it would be allowed by various countries health agencies and to my best knowledge Apple hasn't even started it in the UK.

Blaster13

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 6, 2015
It’s possible they could get approval in next few weeks In Europe then the uk would get it providing its before brexit day....it’s a shame they have a feature that’s not even able to be used on the watch.

johnyslats

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2012
Leeds, UK
I expect an announcement at the March event on rollout to further countries. Not holding out much hope for the UK what with Brexit, but surely some progress has to have been made internationally in the 6 months since S4 launch

Blaster13

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 6, 2015
One would hope that they started the process long before the 6 month. But let’s wait and see. Il be getting the 5 when that comes out anyway as my misses 3 is getting old now.

OutSpoken

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
UK
..it’s a shame they have a feature that’s not even able to be used on the watch.
The biggest talking point feature too - Hence, when all the launch hype died down I realised again that i didn't NEED an apple watch, so i can wait it out a little longer for the next gen or grab a deal on the 4 in September.

Blaster13

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 6, 2015
Yes it was but it’s not the b all and end all of features tbh. And if you hold your finger on the crown it still reads your heart rate every second but it just don’t give you a graph...

Wando64

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2013
One would hope that they started the process long before the 6 month. But let’s wait and see. Il be getting the 5 when that comes out anyway as my misses 3 is getting old now.
Hi, I was considering buying a refurb 3 now that the prices have reduced.
When you say that your wife’s watch is getting old, what do you mean?
Have you found that functionality wise and performance wise, it is not keeping up with the latest watchOS?

Blaster13

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 6, 2015
Have you found that functionality wise and performance wise, it is not keeping up with the latest watchOS?
It still works as it should from day one. Not noticed any performance issues or anything. I just meant old as in old, I like the latest and newest Apple products.

Reactions: Wando64

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
London
I'm still rocking my Series 3, does everything I require of it and have no complaints at all.

iamasmith

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2015
Cheshire, UK
I'm still rocking my Series 3, does everything I require of it and have no complaints at all.
Me too, they will have to fix the display inconsistencies (I'm sure they will sort this by S5) before I update.

S3 SS Cellular is great for me at the moment :)

Last edited: