STILL no fix for Flash making Mac CPUs go bonkers?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Head Unit, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Head Unit macrumors newbie

Hey, is this problem still unsolved? I've Googled it a bunch, but see no resolution.

We want to play games on miniclip (=can't turn the flash off, that's what it's using) and both Safari and Firefox go nuts. I tried Opera maybe 2 months ago but it didn't help. Do I need to get a used Windows machine (yikes!)???

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Annoying, isn't it? Adobe needs to get their collective finger out.

3. Head Unit thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, if it's still not resolved, we should all give Adobe a collective finger ;-D

Maybe we can get Carol Bartz to go skip over there and fix it when she gets tired of Yahoo...

4. kristoffer4 macrumors 6502a

kristoffer4

any updates on this? Is adobe and apple working on it? :confused:
    You would think that Apple wanted it fixed before 10.6 - I saw somewhere that 10.5.6 would also adress flash but I don't know if that means anything.

5. ppc750fx macrumors 65816

Apple has nothing to do with it -- it's entirely Adobe's responsibility to fix it. Apple can't do anything about it as they're not the ones who make Flash.

Essentially Adobe doesn't give a crap about performance. Their PDF reader is a slow pile of crap (that's insecure to boot), their beloved AIR framework is a joke performance-wise, and every automatic updater they've shipped has been incapable of running without damn near taking the machine down. They simply just don't care -- they've got enough lock-in that the wants and needs of their users are towards the bottom of their priority list, just as was the case for Microsoft c. 1997-2004.

6. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Maybe need to write to Adobe.

google: adobe bug report
    http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Lol, adobe flash player has its own separate site for bug reporting. Probably to discourage bug reporting... Interesting...

Personally I don't even have flash installed on the windows side.

7. snowmoon macrumors 6502a

snowmoon

AIR is a joke, you can't write "hello world" without it taking 10% of the CPU while doing nothing.

8. kristoffer4 macrumors 6502a

kristoffer4

9. kristoffer4 macrumors 6502a

kristoffer4

10. Albal macrumors member

Flash has been locking my system up recently. Doing my head in!

After going from a PPC to intel I'd have thought that the problem wouldn't be this bad - but it really is no better than the PPC! Incredible.

11. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Out of curiousity - if you're running Windows XP fpr example on Parallels/Vm Fusion - does this problem crop up?

12. Wotan31 macrumors 6502

If you're having a problem with flash, its imperative that you post the VERSION NUMBER of the adobe flash player / plugin you have installed. 9.x seems to be sluggish and problematic while 10.x is much much better. What version are YOU running?

13. isus macrumors regular

Flash performance is crap regardless of version. As stated already, Adobe doesn't care because of their dominance in this area. Hopefully the fact that MobileSafari doesn't use it (because of performance issues, surprise!) will get someone at Adobe to get their **** together.