Still no gold ss in stock...

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by royinla14, Nov 4, 2018.

1. royinla14 macrumors 6502

I didn’t order on day one because I thought I’d be able to get my hands on a ss gold pretty fast. It’s now been 6 weeks and nothing in stock. I find it to be pretty amazing. Is this normal and in line with prior years watches?

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Apple severely underestimated the stainless models this year, which overwhelmingly have been back-ordered since almost the September 14th Preorder date. Its also been rumored Apple had to add a second Apple Watch supplier to help with the demand.

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/09/26/apple-watch-series-4-second-supplier-compal/amp/

Try using iStocknow, they will alert you when certain models are available in store and you can receive alerts directly to your phone.

3. rumz macrumors 6502a

I forgot about that rumor! It does say the second factory would start making them in November. I wonder if we’ll see any change in availability in the coming weeks. Usually I’d get an istock notification once a week but I haven’t seen one his week.

I think they are really just scarce— last istocknow notification I got the available devices stayed available for a number of hours. (I might have pulled the trigger but I had budget considerations at the time).

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

With the holidays approaching, sales are only going to increase with the Apple Watch, so hopefully Apple can level out their supplier relations with both watch manufactures, being the stainless quantities have improved somewhat, but not drastically.