Still no iOS 10 update

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by uberkopf, Sep 12, 2016.

1. uberkopf macrumors newbie

when i go to Settings > General > Software Update it still says:

iOS 9.3.5
    Your Software is up to date.​

same message when checking with iTunes.

anyone else having this issue or know a solution?

2. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

It's still Monday in California.

3. Planey28 macrumors 6502

4. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

It hasn't been released to the public yet.

5. ChrisN718 macrumors regular

ChrisN718

Do you have the beta profile installed? if not then you won't see the official ios 10 release until tomorrow.

6. uberkopf thread starter macrumors newbie

oops. honestly thought it was out on the 12th. not sure where i got that idea..

7. Ryantjan macrumors newbie

What time update roll out?

13th sept in my country, no update

Are 13th sept 00:00 california time?

Or 13th sept 10:00 california time?

8. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

It won't be out until they've gone in to work PST. Generally it updates in the mid morning to mid afternoon timeframe.

9. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

10am Pacific.

10. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

September 13... whenever Apple decides to release it. Historically, it's been around 10 am PDT.

11. MacHead84 macrumors 6502

MacHead84

I don't understand why Apple does not release it region by region at a different time.
    After all the servers really have to put in some work when millions of users want to download.

12. eyeseeyou macrumors 68000

So cue flood of IOS 10 complaint threads around 10:05ish lol

13. flyinmac macrumors 68030

flyinmac

I just updated to 9.3.5. Lol.

Got all my stuff moved back to my Mac after updating it. I had moved my iPhone and iTunes to Windows so I'd have iOS 9 support until I got my Mac Pro updated to support the new iTunes.

So tonight I switched my iPhone back to syncing with my Mac and updated to 9.3.5 to test it all out.

Didn't want to experiment too much with updating to iOS 10 until I verified that the iPhone was happy to be synced with the Mac again and no data loss.

Went smoothly. And now I remember it was only the iPod's that have to be reformatted to move between Mac and Windows. Lol.

Oh well. 9.3.5 for a day.

14. Silver78 macrumors 6502

Silver78

it will almost be the 14th in my country before californians wake up. US is a 20th of world population... when apple release on 13th it will almost be the 14th for most of their customers.
    Apple may very well be designed in california but its an international company and should live up to that...reason I say this is that many other things apple does only benefits US customers. latest an 10$itunes movie discount...again only for US customers.
    how about an school ipad program for irish students... the Irish deserve some attention taking into account that apple just tax evaded them.

Apple promised the 13th so they will be lying to the chineese... and me ..... been up since 4:30 on the 13th!! just to press that update button... just to feel abit cheated.

first the americans ...then the americans. finally the rest of us

15. Brenster macrumors 6502

Good grief. UK/GMT here and iOS has always dropped at 10am Cupertino/PDT, making it 6pm here.

I can still remember buying boxed copies of software from OSX 10.3 Panther onwards and either taking the day off work to wait in for a courier or getting down to a B&M store to purchase (going back to Windows 95 in the latter case before my 2003 switch to mac) AND paying £89 or more for the privilege. Had to pay even more for the Family Pack OSX licenses.

Getting entire operating systems delivered to me over the internet for free still seems impossibly neat to me, even though I've been doing it for years for both iOS and OSX/macOS.

It's always launched globally from 10am Cupertino/PDT time on the release day. No one has the opportunity to get it before anyone else.

16. bigchrisfgb macrumors 65816

It's unlucky for us here in the UK who have to wait until 6pm, by which time everyone is back from work/school and are all ready to update as well. I think iOS 7 dropped at about 7pm here and it was a nightmare trying to download it. I don't think the download/installation/verification had finished until 10pm for me.
    In saying this though recent updates have been more smooth.

17. dawson865 macrumors newbie

Lol - except it very clearly says coming 14th on the relevant regional apple websites.

On another note not understanding that American is very America centric... :rolleyes: At least Apple acknowledges that other countries even exist! :D

18. phillytim macrumors 6502a

phillytim

Try back after 1pm EST / 10am PST today; that's how it always works on Apple launch day.

19. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

Depending on where you are located, iOS updates go live at 10 AM PST California time.

20. KeanosMagicHat macrumors 65816

I agree from a technical delivery point of view it would make a lot of sense to spread the server load.

I suspect the only reason it's released in line with PDT is because those in Silicon Valley would "get their knickers in a twist" if someone had it many hours before them.

21. dawson865 macrumors newbie

Plus it the best time to have the emergency crack team of engineers on hand in case it all goes horribly wrong!

22. TurboPGT! Suspended

....o_O

As hard as that is to believe, its even harder to believe you went and made this thread before, I dunno, checking.

23. addamas macrumors 6502

addamas

24. fischersd macrumors 601

fischersd

Can't believe the people "but, it should be for my time zone". Would you be happier if they did the announcement for GMT/UTC?

As for making it available per time zone, yeah...the internet routing works that way (and everyone wouldn't just use VPN or shell services to get around it either now, would they?)

Doesn't matter what they do, there will always be SOMEONE to bitch about how unfair it is in their reality. *sigh*

25. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

Good things come to those who wait. It will show up eventually. Tomorrow you won't even stress about it anymore.