Still No Iphone 5S in Gold in my Area.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vmaniqui, Nov 3, 2013.

1. vmaniqui macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

kept on checking for a 16GB Iphone 5S in gold in SF and still not available. been checking since day 1 online if it's available in local Apple Stores but unfortunately it's still not in stock. this is after the fact that the Iphone 5S was released last Sept 19 and to think that it's already Nov 3. i don't want to order online as i just want it to be available in store so that i can just walk in there and buy it. what is apple doing with their supplies? not a clue but i am one irritated buyer.

2. dsciel macrumors regular

Apple Stores have a lot Gold color in stock, i think they stopped adding much to the online reservation inventory.

I walked in to a store and picked up 2 gold color in LA area, that is afternoon time and they still have a lot in stock.. so don't just rely on the reservation system. The reservation system and walk in inventories are two separate system.

Anyhow, if you still wanna try your luck, try tomorrow around 11am to 12pm. Monday and during that time are better shot than any other days

3. JPNFRK7 macrumors 6502

JPNFRK7

Order it online. My Mom ordered her Gold 5s from Verizon with an unknown delivery date. Two days later it had a delivery date for the day after my parents were to leave for Europe. It came the day before they left.

4. TofSanity macrumors 6502a

TofSanity

ordered my wife's on 10.24.13 said it would be delivered anywhere from 11.15 to 11.22.13. On 10.29.13 i received an email saying it would be delivered 11.07.13. Checked UPS tracking and it's being delivered 11.05.13, so they are shipping faster than the website states.

5. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

I would LOVE to order online if it let you order device only (VERIZON). However, I am forced to try my luck at the apple store thats a 40 min drive from my house.

6. AFDoc macrumors 68030

You are causing your own irritation. IF you would of bought it online you would already have it and you'd be moving on with your life.

I suspect you just like to complain so you don't buy it online.

7. flyersgl macrumors member

I was at a Target store today (in NJ, so not your market) and they had at least 3 16gb gold phones.

8. vmaniqui thread starter macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

i am not much of a complainer as this is the first time (since IPHONE 3G) that i had so much issue with their inventory.

i ordered online one 16GB gold 5S. it came here a month after when i ordered it on Sep 19 at 12:05am (PT). i don't want to deal with that waiting time again so i went to apple and got myself a silver 5S. i really wanted the gold one but have no choice about the color i could get at my local apple store. what good is it for apple to have 3 colors if you can't pick what you want? anyway long story short - i wanted to change my silver for a gold one. so that is why i am at this waiting game at apple store.

----------

it's not the same here at Target store. they don't have any. but i already got myself a silver one which i bought at apple store so i just wanted to exchange it for a gold one. not that i want to use it for awhile and return it but they gave me no choice. i can't pick the color that i want so just grabbed the first color i could get. i already sold my old 4S so i need the 5S ASAP. and now i can't get a hold of a gold in SF area.

9. Eyden macrumors member

When the fruit is scarcest, its taste is sweetest.
    maybe that is their strategy :D

10. MsRandall macrumors 6502a

MsRandall

You need the inventory checker - in the last 2 weeks I have checked at 530 am while walking my dog and personally woke up friends to have them order for pickup in the Bay Area - one was a Sprint 16gb and two Verizon 32gb all gold

if you check at 7 am they already gone

They are out there but you have to be dedicated or like others mentioned order online and wait it out

Every year the iPhone search happens until supply catches up with the demand

BTW- right now the Bay Area has 32 gb and 64 gb available for Verizon and Sprint

11. vmaniqui thread starter macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

i am with ATT. i have been checking up until 2am and can't find any.

12. cwwilson macrumors 65816

cwwilson

Yeah OKC area was fresh out and after being tired of waiting I settled for silver. Held out as long as I could lol they said it be 2-3 more weeks.

13. MsRandall macrumors 6502a

MsRandall

Pm me your number if I see on tomorrow on my 530 walk I will text u - -16gb gold AT&T right

14. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

Inventory in the SF Bay Area seems to be updated between 2pm and 3:30pm on weekdays also. I was able to buy a 64GB Gold AT&T 5s for my wife by using the inventory checker webpage at that time.

15. vmaniqui thread starter macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

quite frankly i sometimes see 64GB maybe in a store or 2 but i am just looking for 16GB. thanks i will try this afternoon on tracker.

check it just now and still NADA.

Attached Files:

16. ABC5S macrumors 68040

I went the online route. Told me it would be 2 to 3 weeks before the Gold shipment. The iPhone arrived about 10 days later. So why are you still waiting to act ?

17. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

The 16GB Gold is undoubtedly the 5s that is in highest demand relative to its supply. The get snapped up in minutes when they do appear...

18. vmaniqui thread starter macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

I already have the silver one that I bought at an apple store in Bay Street last oct 16. I just want toe change it to a gold one and I have only until the 16th to do it. Just waiting for them to have one so that I can swap easily.

----------

Thanks but I bought a silver one at apple store. Just want to do a swap with gold one.

----------

That is exactly the problem. When will the stock stabilize. It's been more than a month now and stock is still not normal.

19. DanTSX macrumors regular

Just paint the frame gold. That's all the thing is anyways.

20. vmaniqui thread starter macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

that's not my main issue. i can paint it gold or red or any color i want. my problem is with apple's inventory system. to think that after all these years, they should have at least solved their issue. with iPhone's new release, it's always a hit and miss, a hit when you get it on time and a miss when you have to wait for more than 1 month to get your phone. if still i can't get the gold, well i guess i just have to stick with the silver 5S that i have. can't complain, it's just a color. just can't understand this inventory issue with iPhones.

21. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

Sounds like you need something to whine about . . . might as well whine about this.

Put the stupid thing in a gold case and get over it.

22. Bowsa2511 macrumors regular

Yeah for 2 weeks ago a lot of Apple Stores in South FL had AT&T 32GBS, but now it's just been terrible.

23. vmaniqui thread starter macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

if there is someone stupid it might be this reply. this is exactly the kind of responses you will get from s....d people. people like you make this forum so NICE to be a member. if you can't say something nice please just keep your .....shut.

24. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

no gold iPhone 32GB in Long Island, NY, I am forced to order online on Wednesday afternoon.