Still no iTunes Radio in Canada

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by KevinMHC, Sep 9, 2014.

1. KevinMHC macrumors member

What is this bs... its been a year now and still no announcement for iTunes radio in Canada

What gives Apple?

2. MaxPayne79 macrumors regular

honestly i don't think its coming. there is a way you can use it here but you need to set up an iTunes account that's registered in the US. Then whenever you wanna use iTunes radio, you log into iTunes on your phone with that email. I have three accounts because i use apps from Canada, US and Europe. And i used to use one from Australia so i needed a 4th account for that. lol.

3. stuffradio macrumors 65816

We have Spotify now. Just ignore iTunes Radio. A lot of US users of it hate it anyways.

4. demure84 macrumors member

I've given up, it's unfortunate they couldn't sort out the copyright agreements with Canada by now. There's Spotify which is far superior to what iTunes Radio will ever be.

5. navodwickra macrumors 6502

navodwickra

Same thing will happen to Apple pay most of those options will be limited to US

6. WJKramer macrumors 6502

iTunes radio is great for just that....Radio...a continuous stream of like songs that can be set from hits through discovery. I use it every day. I also hold a Spotify account for making playlists and playing individual tracks. Love the EQ and Crossfade. However the pre-made playlists and radio function of Spotify sucks SO HARD it's not even funny. Pandora is even better and I hate Pandora with its endless repeats and overplayed of top 40 Hits. Bottom line, there is no perfect music service. If I could only make my own...

7. KevinMHC thread starter macrumors member

Two Apple event went by and still no update on iTunes Radio available in other countries.

8. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

I opened a US iTunes account to try it last year - it's not good so not a big deal that it's not here yet.

9. AngusW macrumors 6502

AngusW

Yeah I uses it every so often, it's still not to a great level yet. I'll hear a lot of the same songs multiple times a day, then if I set it to explore it will pull in music that doesn't even go with the channel I created. Use Pandora instead that works much better.

10. jayf macrumors member

11. WJKramer macrumors 6502

Don't worry. It won't be around in the US much longer either.

12. Peepo macrumors 6502a

I agree, Spotify is great.
    Except watch your 3g/lte data... I had a big playlist which I downloaded/made available offline and somehow in an hour it used over 200MB while driving. Since then I turn off Cellular Data in iPhone settings for Spotify (I have to live with the nag everytime I launch Spotify). Alternatively can set offline mode in Spotify but not very easy to toggle because its a menu or two deep.

13. daijholt macrumors 65816

daijholt

Nothing in the UK either. Australia got it, then it's like Apple forgot about it and moved onto something else.

Chances are it'll be merged into some new service with Beats Music, but probably not until iOS 9.

14. WJKramer macrumors 6502

Last RDIO update got me to switch from Spotify. The Stations are amazing. I rarely make playlists or seek out individual songs. Spotify's radio and playlists were horrid.

15. Antgb84 macrumors 6502

Why do you want iTunes Radio in the first place? It's rubbish! Can't select specific songs that you choose to play. It's purely based on recommendations and iTunes store available content only. It's so limited that Spotify and many other alternative radio apps blow it out of water.

It's purely Apple's marketing trick. You will never see them clearly advertise something available only in the US and may not in your country be at all anytime soon.

16. goldnose macrumors member

with so many music streaming companies out there you really are not missing much but I do understand the frustration with apple making these announcements but than saying USA only