Still no legit answer?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ajohnson253, Oct 3, 2009.

1. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

I have been searching all over for a legit reason why to my batter indicator shows 100% while charged, then drops to 99%.
    This starting happening about a week after I purchased my 3GS. I also calibrated it about 2-3 times. It just happened this morning, now it's back at 100%.
    Any reasoning behind this? Please let me know if you find out, very much appreciated.

2. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

It how the battery metter is working. It reads the voltage off the battery when it gets to more than likely 99.5-100% charge the phone goes to a trickle charge only to protect the battery from over charging.(all phones do this).

So the phone falls to 99.4% and reads 99% (or what ever the drop point is) and as such it has fallen below the thresh hold for trickle and it puts a little more juice in the battery.

There is no point to calibrate the battery. There is nothing wrong with your phone.

Apple screwed up putting a % metter on the phone they should of just broke it down to 5% chunks or gave made the 99% drop below were it kicks the trickle back up.

Summ it up your phone is not cycling charging 1% of the battery. More like .01-.1%.

3. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Ha, ha... Apple should just take away the percent display. Problem solved. :cool:

4. ajohnson253 thread starter macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

thank you!!!! For a moment I thought it was a problem.

5. YoungLew macrumors regular

I usually find this happens if i have a window still open in safari

But what Rodimus Prime says makes sense

6. Geo3G macrumors newbie

When your phone show 100% charged, unplug and wait 2 seconds and charge again for 15min.. you will get 25-30 minute of web browsing (as an example) for 100 to 99%. If you unplug at 100 and do the same without my suggestion you will get very little of use before hitting 99%.

7. Appdict macrumors regular

My iPhone 3G does this whilst plugged into my JuicePack air. Though I'm guessing its just inaccurate because I did the battery hack back in the 2.2 days and never felt like removing it.