Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

one1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 17, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
MacBook 2.16
4gb ram (2x2)
120gb HD
OSX 10.5.6

I've ran Onyx, Cocktail, manually repaired disk permissions, everything I can think of. I get a white screen for around 25 seconds on boot, then I get the apple logo for another 15, then I get a blue screen for a good ten, then I finally get a desktop. All in all it takes about a minute and ten seconds to boot, the previous times are just rough estimates of each.

The install is fresh, about 2 weeks old. Seems to have came about recently that the solid white screen before the apple logo takes the longest.

The only odd behavior I see is that it blinks the white sleep light when I hit the power button as if it is trying to wake up, then starts booting. As well that very lengthy white screen BEFORE the apple logo screen. What is that?

I was going to go in and manually delete my sleep image to see if I can improve boot times. Anything else you can suggest I do manually? The programs aren't seeming to help.

I don't seem to be getting as good of battery life since this issue came about, but the system processes don't point to anything obvious.

96f0a90ffd1f17e56e4257c84a6e2c8a.png

Amdahl

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2004
Try changing and then resetting your display resolution, and your startup disk.

If that doesn't do it, you'll need to reset your PRAM, and then possibly the SMC controller.

one1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 17, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
Thank you, I did everything except the pram (Forgot that one) and now it seems to have eliminated the white screen. :) Boot times are now in the 55 second range thanks to not having to wait for the apple logo screen for such a long time. :)

It only shows me a flash of a solid white screen for maybe 2 seconds now. Big improvement. :) I still don't know why it opens my finder window when it boots up, but still better than it was! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.