Still NO PHOTO EDITING application?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pismodude2, Jul 14, 2008.

1. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

The closest thing to photo editing applications on the App store now are the ones that let you doodle on your photos. I'm looking to crop, rotate, resize, and everything else that should already be out, can anyone think of a way to do these things?

Thanks for your thoughts!

2. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

Yes, use iPhoto!

I can't see why you'd need this. The iPod Touch has no hardware that allows it to make photos, so all the photos you're acquiring from your Mac. Surely you should have already processed your shots before syncing?!

3. pismodude2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

Ah, but I want to be able to sync with my iPod dock to camera connector and be able to edit those photos. Also, I want to be able to rotate them so they work better with apps like Sketches, not to mention look better for uploading to my blog and making avatars for certain games. So many uses, so little time... (not really, I don't go on vacation for a month, but still!) :):):)

4. MattGTO macrumors regular

MattGTO

I really would like an app like this. With a camera to iPod connector (never heard of these until yuo mentioned them), I could use my iPod as a computer and pretty much use my PC a lot more rarely.

5. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

then go buy a laptop and edit that way, christ people expect too much from an MP3 PLAYER :rolleyes:

6. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

aha but when the iPod touch has the ability to edit photos if someone just mad the app, why wouldn't you want it?

btw u need to chill out....:rolleyes:

7. pismodude2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

I do have a laptop, but I'm not going to take it to New York on vacation and get it jacked. I thought: camera in the right pocket, iPod in the Left, wallet in the back, and no getting mugged :eek: for walking down the street with a computer. :D

P.S. You should go get an iPod Shuffle if all you want is an MP3 PLAYER :rolleyes: :p:p:p

8. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

Leave the laptop in your hotel room and edit the pictures when you go back. Why would you want to spend half your vacation editing pictures anyway? Enjoy the sights and sounds and wait til you get home to do any 'work'.

9. Vaphoron macrumors 6502

Vaphoron

I think it would be pretty cool to have a little simple photo editor for mobile use. I think it would have a somewhat limited use for the time being but if Apple adds more features like a file browser it would be much more handy.

10. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I have one ;) the clue is in the name iPod Touch, photo editing takes it from being an ipod to a computer which it isn't.

I wouldn't mind in the photos app to have an option to change rotation of improperly orientated pics but thats about it really which could easily be implemented.

11. sananda macrumors 68020

i can't believe there STILL isn't such an app; it's been four days and one hasn't appeared!

12. pismodude2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

What if you are going on vacation somewhere that you don't want to bring your computer with you? It would be awesome to just hook up a 10 MP camera to your 32GB iPod and edit them while you are on the run. I don't think that any of you can deny that a mobile photo editing application would be useful.

P.S. No, this isn't just a theoretical scenario. I am going on a vacation that I'm not allowed to bring my computer on.

13. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

there is Jade, but that may not be 100% the app you wanted, but worth a try...

14. MacProPIMP macrumors member

The Touch Isn't an MP3 player...

I was unaware that the "touch" was a mp3 player. I believe it's a multimedia device. The only apple device thats strictly mp3 player these days is the shuffle. The iPod application possibilities are endless for basic tasks.

15. CaptainHaddock macrumors 6502

The iPod Touch is not going to be suitable for photo editing until it has screen-calibration capabilities. The screen itself may not even be high-quality enough, I'm not sure what kind it is.

16. pismodude2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

I wasn't asking for iPhoto on it or anything, but even my cousin's Samsung slider has minimal photo editing capabilities (contrast, brightness, crop, redeye reduction, ect.) and it isn't even new!