Still no photos in notes

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by kevingaffney, Jun 28, 2013.

1. kevingaffney macrumors 6502a

I've always thought it shoul be possible to add photos in notes and feature still hasn't been added. Maybe before the gm?

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Can you provide an example how this would be useful?

3. naasrd macrumors 6502

naasrd

What's useful for the OP may not be useful for you. It's a question of taste.

4. It's Electric macrumors member

There are many apps that let you do this. Evernote does it for free with cloud syncing.

5. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I understand that. I'm asking specifically what he would do with it. Maybe it's something I didn't think of and would be interested in as well.

6. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

Just a quick example. Lets say you need tech support with some app that's not working as its supposed to. You can take a screenshot and make a note with said screenshot and add some points you may want to cover once you get to speak with someone. I can think of a dozen uses off the top of my head. It would be a useful feature and its one that I've been hoping for too.

7. darkfiber macrumors 6502a

darkfiber

Maybe Apple just wants to keep it simple and let the 3rd party app devs create something? For example...

Supernote

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/super-note-recorder-notes/id484001216?mt=8

Also, can't you do what you described with the stock Mail app?

8. dsa1971 macrumors regular

I use Evernote and don't expect Apple to match all it's features but pictures and maybe tagging would be nice. I add pictures all the time in Evernote for things like product model #s for stuff like my printer, water filter, etc.

9. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Given that you can do in notes on the Mac it would be nice it have it in the iOS version as now you can't even see them images synced from computer.

10. eaglesteve macrumors 6502

Notes only provides very limited features. I use Evernote. Most of my notes contain pictures.

Evernote also has a desktop version that would sync with your phone's. You can also use email to post to the notes.

11. kevingaffney thread starter macrumors 6502a

I use Evernote for work related stuff but as photos can be added in notes app on Mac, I see no reason it can't be done in iOS. Picking up shopping, family want a specific rice, take quick snap and put in notes with rest of stuff required, reflect for notes. I actually thought this was the main use for notes

12. Quercus Alba macrumors member

I always thought it funny that you can add images in OS X notes, but not on iOS.