Still no pull to reload in Safari...

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by mcdj, Jun 15, 2015.

1. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

How is it that in 2015, Safari still doesn't have a pull to refresh/reload on iOS9? The one app that needs it most...

2. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

3. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

What's the point? By the time you are done reading with an article, you will be at the bottom of the page anyways. It would be easier to tap the reload icon directly, than to scroll back to the top and pull to refresh.

4. mattboner macrumors member

Pull to load sucks. I hate it on chrome

5. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

6. iConnected macrumors 6502a

iConnected

Perhaps because people would just end up refreshing when they didn't want to?

I'd foresee people constantly having to endure page reloads (also wasting data usage) when all they really wanted to do was scroll back up to the top of the pages they'd been reading.

7. daio macrumors regular

daio

I imagine that there's no pull to refresh in safari as that could result in accidental ad taps as many websites put a wide ad at the top of the page. Also, menu items on other sites could also be tapped when not wanted.

8. xero9 macrumors 6502a

Pull to reload in Safari would be a nightmare.. Thankfully it doesn't exist!

9. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

I could do with a button that *stops* Safari reloading.

10. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

That said, I do wish there was a shortcut to go to the bottom of the webpage. I know there is a javascript bookmarklet that lets me do this, but I wish it was baked into the OS directly.

11. MikeyMike01 macrumors 6502

That pull-down-gesture is one of the (many) atrocious aspects of Chrome. No thanks.

12. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

Perhaps people should pay attention to where their finger is before they tap? Seems like common sense to me.

13. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Op your forgetting apple didn't need to add it. We have the unique reload tabs feature. Lol

But seriously I'm with everyone else the pull to refresh on my tab annoys the hell out of me

14. KALLT macrumors 601

Pull to refresh seems unnecessary to me. Most of the time you will be on the page somewhere, so pull to refresh would require you to either scroll to the top or click on the status bar to do the same first. By then the refresh button is revealed to you anyway. Pull to refresh makes sense for those views in which you are mostly looking at the top of the list, like in Mail.

15. C DM macrumors Westmere

Pull to refresh is a feature that is really there for streams content or lists of items, not really just web sites. That's why it makes sense in apps like Twitter or Facebook and be like, along with Mail where you are checking for new content that is coming in on a consitent basis basically, but that doesn't translate that much to web pages which are mostly not like that.