Still no Siri for Mac?

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by pdaholic, Jun 19, 2014.

1. pdaholic macrumors 6502a

pdaholic

I was just thinking today how the "Hey Siri" feature would be nice on my Mac. Since it requires the device to be plugged in while using, I will probably never use it on my phone, but would be very handy on my Mac, which is always plugged-in.
    [​IMG]

2. Shawzborne macrumors 6502a

Shawzborne

3. chown33 macrumors 604

Still no Siri for Mac?

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't answer that.

4. pdaholic thread starter macrumors 6502a

pdaholic

Haha, more like: "I'm really sorry about this, Dave, but I can't take any requests right now. Please try again in a little while!"

5. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

Hmm good question. The whole redesign made me forget about bringing Siri to the Mac.

The Hey Siri feature would be fantastic with the Mac as well. I wonder what would happen if my iPhone was plugged in, and it also activated on my Mac. Two Siri's at the same time...

6. Fimeg macrumors regular

Chown's joke was that he was mimicking Hal, not Siri.

7. pdaholic thread starter macrumors 6502a

pdaholic

Yeah no *****. I changed it around so that Siri is mocking Hal. That's why I added Dave in there. Get it? Granted, not all my jokes hit the mark! :D

----------

Yeah, I was sitting at my laptop, and wanted to play a song from iTunes. I just thought it would be really nice to be able to tell my laptop to play a song for me rather than having to pull up iTunes and find it. I will definitely be getting an iPhone 6, but the only time it will be plugged in is overnight charging, so the "Hey Siri" feature will definitely be lost for me. :eek:

8. davidgnomo macrumors 6502a

davidgnomo

Just added the same thread today and someone told me there would be server capacity overload problems ...

----------

... which makes me think that just before opening my thread I did a research writing "Siri for Mac" to see if there was posts like mine already and got no results at all ... very strange indeed ...