Still no steps ring?

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
This has been brought up in the past as "insignificant data", but no more than how many hours I stood for a minute. Luckily, the Fitbit app works with the Apple Watch through a loop-hole of sorts (app syncs with phone and phone syncs with Watch) and I can tell you that step competitions absolutely make me more active. I really wish they'd add a fourth ring. It might seem silly, but it really is a hassle to launch activity and scroll down to see my progress. I also think it's silly to pay $5 for an additional app using up a complication but I guess that's the only way to go about it.

Does no think a fourth ring would be a great addition?

Last edited:

Smurphy Gherkin

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2015
Melbourne, Australia
What do you mean regarding marketing? Fitbit comparisons?
You know apple, they aren't interested in calling it a step counter, because every smartwatch/fitbit has those and you can get a crappy one for a few dollars. They want to own the upstream, so invented the more sophisticated rings that gives a better idea of movement, activity and calories etc.

Apple solution = what is the most sophisticated way to do this with current technology, and charge accordingly.

I just want my steps on the watchface though, so Pedometer and HealthFace are going great on the Infographics.

Reactions: niji
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.